12 ex-JWs at church yesterday...

by passwordprotected 36 Replies latest jw friends

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Great Password. Praise to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Your Christian brother, The Claw

• Chalam
    Chalam

Awesome stuff!

Prayer is the key-without it then just forget it.

Keep us posted :)

All the best,

Stephen

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ - besty - you used the word 'assume' a lot in your diagnosis ;-)

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@slim - no enmass walkouts. The nine from the local area have a left within the last year, apart from one who left about 5 years ago.

Again, the real issue here is the fact that they were all in a building that many ex-JWs would still be apprehensive about going into...

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I think it's great that the Society hasn't done a complete 'job' on those that have left - you would think that all the church bashing over the years would prevent 99.9pc of ex-witnesses ever stepping anywhere near a church, let alone get baptised....

It just goes to show there is hope for everyone - who knows who will be brave enough to leave in the years to come and will be inspired by your example.

(When I left, I found mainstream Christianity very welcoming and supportive at a desperate time when I was determined not to let my faith in a higher being slip away and when I needed some answers and a community, eventually in time however, a natural progression of thought and reason subsequently resulted in a contented agnostic position. It will be interesting to see where all those present end up on their journey....).

Mark, Gail, your family and all those brave enough to start a new life - I wish you all the happiness that is possible.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Wonderful news!

Blithe

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This is truly fantastic news. Thanks for the encouragement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit