Are the Witnesses witnessing where you are?

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 28 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

I live in a town of about 43,000 people in the suburbs; have lived here for about 7 years. In all this time, have had them at my door about 4 times.

Interestingly, have never seen them on my street or any other nearby street here. The reason for this, I think, is what some have hinted already, i.e., they seem to have adopted the hit and run strategy. This door-to-door work is so inefficient that they know that after the first door, there is no way to have someone else open the door to them.

That's why it is so much easier to find them at the Dunkin Donuts shops in the area than anywhere else. So, no matter what time they start or stop the work, 2 hours will always go down in the slip. It's a complete sham.

This, of course, creates another situation that is absolutely ridiculous but one that I have seen more than once: publishers returning tons of publicactions to the elders/counter, instead of tossing them in the trash bin.

Observador.

• four candles
    four candles

I live in a rural area,there is a cong in the local town about 4 miles away,but we haven't had a call in 2 years. I had a bet with my partner that they would call within 6 months of us moving in.............................I lost!!!!! Shocking!

I drive buses for a living and 1 or 2 get on the bus as I see their blood card when they show the pass,not said anything yet! Maybe one day.

• dobbie
    dobbie

They are constantly witnessing on my estate, because witnesses live next door and they meet up there! Fortunately all my lovely neighbours know all about them now and aren't interested lol. They just seem to do the same old streets over and over, no wonder people get fed up with them! They used to still call on us as my hubby is inactive bso i wrote them a stinky note and haven't been bothered since hooray!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I havn't seen them in my neighborhood for about a year and a half. The last time one knocked on my door I gave them an earfull and told them if they ever came back I let my dog out on them. No problem since then.

nj

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

In the 4 years I've been df'ed I haven't been witnessed too once. I've only seen witnesses out twice in my area.....

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have been taking one for the team by having 3 of them visiting with me and dodging answers to my endless questions. I am aiming to get a congregation full of them visiting me. Bring it on!

• yknot
    yknot

Shhh don't tell Bro. B

But only the older ((a few 60's)) but mostly 70s-80s) JWs do real FS without an Elder looking over their shoulders..... but their physical limitations have slowed them down considerably. Where a normal area might take 6-12 hours the older pioneers will work on it for two weeks!

Most of these older JWs also do not fully participate in Saturday service since they are all pioneers who do their FS during Mon-Thur.

Most Saturday FS JWs knock of by noon (several breaks in between).

No English speaking JWs does FS on Sunday in my area unless the CO visits and expresses a desire to go in FS.

My FS group takes the assignments and then either just drives the area placing a few tracts here/there or we just retreat to someone's house to watch movies, give each other manicures, or go shopping out of our territory. Since we homeschool our children we rotate which two sisters plays school-teacher creating a sort-of mommy's day out program.

Life toiling for the WTS isn't so wonderful enough to want to convert, most aren't home, and those who are at home have their own religion or just don't care and many congregations have personality problems. Yea yea the end is nigh, door of the arc is closing and the sky is falling

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I witnessed the Witnesses witnessing to a cup of coffee at McDonalds...

• moshe
    moshe

Only once in 20 years have JW's come to my door for FS and once they dropped off their end of false religion tract , but they just sliped it in the door and took off. I have had 7 different addresses during that time- This area has a KH that was built 30 years ago and the population north of the KH has exploded during that time. They still have the same KH- with 3 cong's meeting in it. You never see a JW on the street around here, so I don't know how they get their time in. I see mags at dr's offices, laundromats, etc, so it must be a lot of creative FS. JW's are just a hollow shell of the the old JW. The new light about the 1914 non-generation in the1995WT took the wind out of their FS.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I haven't seen any evidence of JWs being in my neighborhood in the last year. Before that I used to see them about once a month. Something has changed around here. I have no idea what. I don't know any JWs.

I think a JW woman approached me at a gas station near my home about 6 months ago. That seems to be where they hang out now. At gas stations and grocery store parking lots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit