Are the Witnesses witnessing where you are?

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 28 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

Yes thinking about it they like street witnessing better, they used to say you get hold of more people and you can choose who to speak to (tut tut) - so just look like a grumpy goat when you see them out in the street and they won't bother you!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i live in a suburb, go out to laundromats 1/2 the saturdays.

see witnesses in my neighborhood once in 2 years on average

• ataloa
    ataloa

They usually come by every Spring. Two years ago, they left a tract in my gate. I decided to leave it there, so they could see the next time they came around that no one was interested. Finally, after a year, I removed it - it was barely faded. Good Lord, those things are indestructible!

• blondie
    blondie

Traditionally, each territory assigned to a congregation is to be "worked" once a year. The MS assigned to the territory cards is supposed to track that. But then is the jw who checks out the card diligent in making not-at-homes. I had one bs conductor that felt we should try them 3 different times before turning in the card, and writing letters to those even. I don't think they are as diligent today. We have lived in the territory for 2 years and no one has "worked" this terrirtory per our neighbors. And the eternal future of these people is supposedly dependent on their response to the WT message.

Blondie

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    Blondie said: We have lived in the territory for 2 years and no one has "worked" this terrirtory per our neighbors. And the eternal future of these people is supposedly dependent on their response to the WT message.

You are right, they like to use the "if your neighbor's house was on fire, you would tell them!!" illustration / appeal to action. Sounds like most JW's no longer think there is a fire to be concerned about.

• chickpea
    chickpea

since i am merely a spiritually weak fader
    my house is still a stopping point, but the
    activity is definitely declining.... helped
    along by my posting a "do not disturb...
    class in session
    " notice
    (online student
    trying to be taken seriously)...

one car group last month toured the
    circular drive, slowing down to read the notice...
    first sign of dubs out in service in about a year.....

the sense of urgency is underwhelming

• steve2
    steve2

I'm interested by comments from some posters in the USA about street witnessing being the preferred method used by (some) American JWs. This is an that I have never "witnessed" occurring in New Zealand. In addition, there is a perceptible absence of witnesses out door-knocking. My employment allows me to be home at various times throughout the week and weekend - it is well over 2 years since I've seen them witnessing in my neighbourhood. In years, there were always indirect indications that they had called (e.g., neighbours telling me or finding old copies of Awake in the letterbox). The seeming absence of activity is revealing - given how deep into the time of the end we are (again).

• donny
    donny

I have seen them a couple of times since I moved here to Morgan Hill, CA and even had a tract left on my door the other day inviting me to the memorial.

Don

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Been two years+ here. Of course, our house may be marked as "Avoid" on the territory cards by now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit