Are the Witnesses witnessing where you are?

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

It occurred to me the other day that it's been FOREVER since we've had a JW knock on our door, leave a tract or magazine, etc. We live in a suburb of a major U.S. city.

What about you? When is the last time the Witnesses visited? Were you there when they came by, or did they just leave "droppings" on your doorstep? Finally, to put some perspective on it, are you in a sparsely populated area, a suburb, or in the urban core of a major city?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I saw two people sitting in a parked car in the parking lot of our apartment complex watching me. They were oriental females and I thought they were there to visit one of the tenants but I was wrong. When I drove up the street to turn around and head back home, I saw a pair of Watch Tower Witnesses split up and each take a door.

They're easy to spot because they wear dresses. Rational people here don't were dresses, carry sales folders, stalk a parking lot, and hit and run an apartment door. One day I picked up 5 Awake! magazines laying on the ground around this complex like the Penny Shopper.

I can tell ya how these two twinkies get their magazine placements in. They toss em down. I doubt they got enough brains to do a pitch and close.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Here are a few ways to get JWs to knock on your door:

1) Sit in your car around 7AM in a shopping center parking lot. The pioneers will pound until you open a windowi in order to get their time started.

2) Tell your neighbor to invite them in once for one Bible Study. They will return faithfully for years with a gaggle of preachers who will knock on your door when the neighbor no longert answers theirs.

3) Lock yourself in a Panera Bread or Starbucks bathroom between 10AM and 11AM and wait for carloads to routinely show up and need to use the facilities.

4) If you live in the country, get rid of the dogs

5) If you live in the city, get a dog who will bark like crazy when anyone gets near tthe property

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I saw an elderly, lone sister doing parking lot witnessing in the cold weather, about six weeks ago.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've lived at my present address for 20 years. I've had the displeasure of dubs coming to my door about 4 times. They're really out there trying to save the heathen.

• steve2
    steve2

Compared to the 1970s and 1980s, there seems to have been a decrease in the number of times the witnesses cover the local territory. I seldom see them doing their witnessing in this region of New Zealand. In the few occasions that I have seen them door-knocking, there is a conspicuous absence of younger witnesses, with most of them appearing middle-aged or older. The heyday of JWs actively covering the territory every few eeks is long over.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I live in a small town of 5,000, and there's a kh here. We've been here for about six and a half years and found back issues of the ragazines twice and a memorial invite once on the porch. I work at home, and they've never rang my doorbell or knocked.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I have seen them out in my neighborhood. I live in a small city.

When I was growing up, we were required to work our territory every six months. If the CO was coming and a territory hadn't been worked, there was a blitz to get it done before he arrived.

Is the six months rule no longer the case?

StAnn

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

only the spanish cong. It's been years since we've seen the english cong out here

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've been at my current address going on three years, and I've yet to see any around. And I live in a fairly populated suburban area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit