THE ELDERS JUST KNOCKED ON MY DOOR

by Mary 49 Replies latest jw friends

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Good job Mary. It brings back memories of when the PO of my congo called me to "encourage" me to come back to meetings. I told him of all the things I had researched about the WTS. The Mexico/Malawi scandal really bothered me. The CO was coming to my congo that next week. He said that he would bring the CO over the house to look over the info I had. GUESS WHAT?? They NEVER SHOWED UP! So much for helping a straying sheep. Wasn't long after that I was DF'd.

The Claw

• Mary
    Mary
    Watson asked: Pictures?

Sorry hon....I didn't know he was gonna show up so I didn't take any pictures.Free Smiley FaceFree Smiley Face

• wednesday
    wednesday

Mary

I liked your responses very much. I think you should do a response to common statements Jws make( Idiots guide to dopey statements jws make).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Great job Mary!

It's sad how dubs are programmed to ignore history. "I was asked what I thought when I saw all the bad things going on in the world and about how close we are to The End." Yeah, we have serious problems today, but they ain't that bad when you look at many other periods in history.

I've been sharing with "the friends" details of a truly horrific time that was the 14th century. Our problems in "the last days" are nothing compared to that slice of time. Besides the usual national and religious wars of that century, there were revolts, uprisings, and pillaging. Oh, and there was that little sickness called THE BLACK DEATH !!!!! Somewhere between a third and half of Europeans died during a four year period. Asia and the Middle East were also devestated. The consequences of the Black Death were huge. And before the Black Death really hit, millions had already died a much slower death from the Great Famine which was a consequence of the Little Ice Age. Contemporaries believed, for good reason, that they were living in the book of Revelation, literally. A third of the population died literally twice or three times in some areas that century.

Sure, things could get a lot worse for us in this century. But if we think we have it bad, take a look at the events of just a few hundred years ago... and think again.

B the X

• chickpea
    chickpea

hail mary!

wait... that one is taken...

kudos to you for grace under fire...

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Mary,

The scriptures say make a defence at all times.

You were able to do this using common sense and logic, whereas the so called leaders who should have, were not.

The reason being, they are programmed by the Wts, they are afraid of using common sense because it can often look like it’s jumping ahead of the society, they will always fail under these circumstances.

Great stuff Mary

KT

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow, Mary! Your elders are far more progressive/accepting there. I refer to your comments about how they allow those who leave alone mostly. Here, I was cornered after three years of absolutely no contact with any of the bastards, and invited to a JC for my 'apostasy' [which they could have had no idea about really]. I was cornered and DA'd.

I do know of a few who have just walked away and were never tracked down and df'd here, but not many. And that seems to be due to them loosing contact more than lacking interest in 'getting them'. They tracked my mom down in the 70's, though inactive for a decade, and df'd her for smoking. I knew of another woman who left, minded her own business, took up living with her BF eventually. They hunted her up and df'd her though she would not even agree to meet with them.

Jeff

• geevee
    geevee

Just called in to see when the memorial is to be held. Good job Mary. We had a visit today, but sadly we were not home ;-( but out youngets son was, they didn't leave him an invitation. I now send them back in an unstamped envelope so that they have to pay the postage!!

Take care all

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm amazed! An elder coming to see ya and by himself. Hmm...interesting. Perhaps they've been told to make 'a special effort'?

I've often wondered what happened to those elder visits that were supposed to be made every year to the DF. I don't know whether to think you're fotunate or not , heck we haven't had a visit in 11 years ....thank God!!!

Cheers,

Ozzie (never had a visit class)

• blondie
    blondie

Oz, Mary is not df'd. I had a visit yesterday from an elder but I chose not to answer the door, not ready for company, I hate it when then just drop by when it is convenient for "them."

Welcome by.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit