LockedChaos

Mary

All that hard work

and research

just paid off..........BIG!!

• The Berean
    The Berean

Hi Mary

Sharing details of your Elder visit comes to the core of one of the greatest misconception that JWs foster.

While Elders and followers would contend that they are showing unbelievers a form of love by visiting it is actually YOU along with millions of other courteous human beings who show them the Love referred to in Corinthians by "enduring all things." Most of us are well aware of the arrogance that mentally-weak individuals propagate in order to somehow validate their existence thru the use of scripted responses rather the power of reason.

I really respect the calm, matter-of-fact manner in which you handled what often is a tense, gunny-sacked, and angry confrontation of differences.

SALUTE!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Good job Mary,

I wish I could be as quick with the right answers as you gave that elder.

Yesterday, I got two memorial invitations in the mail. It was sent to my old address (I moved in December) and forwarded by the post office. One had my daughters name on it and she hasn't lived in this state for 8 years. At least they are not up to date with our whereabouts. lol

HappyDad

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

nice one Mary -

2Peter2:9-11 figures in the May 15th study Watchtower p.23 (which will be studied July20-26). "Glorious ones" applied to anointed servants in that study article is also applied to congregation elders according to Watchtower library 2008. Yet a check of other translations shows that the terms apply to celestial beings. Time for elders to wake up and question how the society could possible apply those terms to them.

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

Great job!!!

I don't know Mary, but if she's pretty as you all say, was it proper for an Elder to go visit an inactive hottie all alone???

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Nice job Mary. It sure feels good to know the truth about the "truth."

TooBad TooSad

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Great job Mary!

Coffee

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mary - I am quite proud of you. But then, I always am!

You should keep an eye open though - they might be testing the water to see just how 'apostate' you have become.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    Blondie, Mary's too pretty to df.
    That's probably why they want Mary back. There's a serious shortage of hotties in the cult, therefore nothing to fantacize about during the boring meetings. Having someone to drool over makes the 2 hour meetings less excruciating.

LOL! Actually, this elder did like me when I was younger.....I first met him when I was about 15 or 16....I think he asked me out shortly afterwards, but I declined. And no, this is not that stinking old perverted elder that had the hots for me when I was 17. That creep was in his late 40s at the time . This one is only 4 or 5 years older than me. I actually always liked him and his wife. We used to have a blast when I still went to the KH and in all honesty, I do miss them sometimes.

AK Jeff said: You should keep an eye open though - they might be testing the water to see just how 'apostate' you have become.

Yep, I've thought of that, although I don't think anything will come of it. For some reason, in this area, as long as you're not making waves, the elders basically leave you alone. They know my one friend smokes and celebrates Xmas, another friend is 'living in sin' and and another one also celebrates Xmas, yet none of them have been axed. I think the elders have their hands full with the crap that goes on in the congregation without worrying about what we're doing.

Plus, if they ever try to DF me, I'll make sure that everyone in the area knows about the one elders' affair with a 'worldly' woman and oh......some other chicanary that I don't think they'd want exposed.

• watson
    watson

Pictures?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit