THE ELDERS JUST KNOCKED ON MY DOOR

by Mary 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Mouthy said: I believe that was set up by your parents.

No Grace, my parents did not 'set this up'----they're just not like that. My parents are very private people and they would never do something like that. Hell, they never even told the elders that dad had that blood transfusion a couple of years ago. This was just the routine 'come to the Memorial' talk, because Delilah got a call last week------remember, it's "that time of year".

You proved to him you dont agree with"MOTHER"

You're right, but he said "Well even if Armageddon doesn't come in our life time....something, something...." Showing that hey---doesn't sound like he really believes it either.

Did he have a witness with him. ?????If not your safe....

Nope---He was by himself. No eye witness to my 'postacy'. I was going to invite him in, but my copy of ISoCF was laying on the couch. And yes, the thought crossed my mind that perhaps he'd like a copy of my project, but I somehow don't think he'd appreciate it. At least not right now. I'm hoping that perhaps I was able to plant a seed of doubt there. If so, he's welcome back any time.

• minimus
    minimus

Mary, if I were the elder talking to YOU, I would've brought some big guns. And then when you put us into our place, we woulda disfellowshipped you.

• blondie
    blondie

That's assuming that Mary would say that in front of 2 elders....He only proved that he had no good answer for her fine responses.

He obviously wasn't fixing for a fight.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

To which I replied "I think they've banned more than just the Witnesses. They're a Communist country and they do not believe in 'freedom of religion', that's why they ban it."

Again, all I got was a blank stare.

Of course you got a blank stare. They've always had such an over-inflated sense of their own importance, as if every event going on in the world related to them and their biblical interpretations. They can't fully grasp how insignificant they are to the rest of humanity.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Mary, you might just have de-programed him, he probably immediately went home opened upped a bunch of WTS.

literature to correct the problem.

Sorry I didn't realize it was just one fellow, title of the thread threw me off.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I said "um....I'm pretty sure that the world was in a lot worse shape during the Great Depression when they had 25% unemployed, and then on the heals of that came the Holocaust."

Not to mention all the progress that has been made in the area of racial and gender equality. But then again, they've never really been big believers in that.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, Mary's too pretty to df.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Blondie, Mary's too pretty to df.

That's probably why they want Mary back. There's a serious shortage of hotties in the cult, therefore nothing to fantacize about during the boring meetings. Having someone to drool over makes the 2 hour meetings less excruciating.

How do you think I survived the meetings for 20 years?

W

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

GOOD ON YOU MY DEAR!!!!

We luvs ya Miss Mary, excellent job as usual.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Blondie, Mary's too pretty to df. And too smart. !!!

Not only smart, pretty,kind,loveable.

O.K. Mary I am sorry I accused your parents. I did this to MY daughter

when I was in the "lie" ,Sent elder to her while I was away.
    But I should keep remembering not all parents are as stupid, sneaky as I was,( am) will be???????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit