"Genesis" spankings

by donny 61 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

I recently met a woman here at work (a contractor) and discovered she is an ex-JW. Eventually we got around to telling why each of us left the religion. She said the main reason for her was not doctrines, but because she was tired of the physical and emotional abuse she received. She went on to tell me that she often got "genesis" spankings. When I asked what that was, I was shocked by her reply. She said from 6 to 16, when she did something bad enough, she would get a genesis spanking which meant she had to disrobe for the punishment.

She said that she often got it right after the Sunday meeting and her parents would make her go to her room and take her dress off and wait for them. When they came in they would make her drop her underwear for anywhere from 4 to 12 swats with a paddle while quoting the scriptures about not witholding punishment from a child. The reason it's called a genesis spanking is because you are in the buff like Adam and Eve. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Don

• snowbird
    snowbird

No!

Sylvia

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I didn't know it had and actual name! I though it was just called "getting your @$$ whipped". Every spanking I remember required a bare bottom.

nj

Edited: My parents didn't count the number of hits, and it was usually with a belt, extension cord or iron cord.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Whoa!!! Those are some messed up parents.

I don't have a problem with spanking as long as it's done with love and not out of anger.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Totally messed up. A 16 year old? That's abuse in this day and age.

• donny
    donny

I had not heard of it either, but she said others on her extended family used the term as well (she is from Mobile, AL) as well as a couple of others in her hall. Even at 50 years old, I am learning more ways on how bizarre the human race can be.

Don

• snowbird
    snowbird

I have family in Mobile, Alabama.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

You got to wonder about those Alabama people--they're all extremely weird.

• dinah
    dinah
    You got to wonder about those Alabama people--they're all extremely weird.

Hmpfffft!

Seriously, that sounds less like discipline and more like sexual perversion.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hush up, you old razorback.

I agree, Dinah.

Definitely sexual.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit