How many TIMES can a JW be DF'd before the ELDERS dismiss them PERMANENTLY?

by african GB Member 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

There was a brother who was a elder, was told when he was DF'd, he would not be reinststed in this system,

of course this was before 1975..He was in his 50,s and loved the young sisters that is why he was df,d..

• rebel8
    rebel8

Re the 1st post, I don't understand. Did she cheat on her husband 10 separate times? With the same man or what?

(Now for the serious answer, I've never met anyone who even tried to come back after the 3rd ousting.)

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Re the 1st post, I don't understand. Did she cheat on her husband 10 separate times? With the same man or what?

Apparently it was'nt with the same man,...and it was'nt just 10 times either,....she was just caught out 10 times,....

african GB member

• jam
    jam

I knew a sister that moved to our cong. With in six months she was DF'd along with a a elder for adultery. Know

excuse for the elder, he was married she was single.We learn afterward she had been DF'd three times before coming to

our cong. for the same offense. The last time she had been DF'd, she was in her 40,s and married a 17year old...They divorce

after three months.The sad thing , this sister had or have a sexual problem that needed professional help. In her mind

it was ok too get involve with a brother and did not matter if was married or not, but to get involve with a worldly

person that would be unforgivable. The last I heard she was up to five DF'd..The sister told us brothers she can not

live without sex..

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

the DF'ing doctrine makes me sick!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

who decides what 'evildoing' is anyway? - and the last time I went to confess my sins as it were, it was because we had studied the Isaiah book in the group and it said that your sins would be made white as the driven snow, or compared to being cast to the bottom of the ocean,

“Come, now, YOU people, and let us set matters straight between us,” says Jehovah. “Though the sins of YOU people should prove to be as scarlet, they will be made white just like snow; though they should be red like crimson cloth, they will become even like wool.

and in Isaiah 43:25 it states 25 “I—I am the One that is wiping out your transgressions for my own sake, and your sins I shall not remember.

The book went on to tell us how happy we should be that Jehovah wipes out our sins - they are like a blank paper with no record.

of course when I confessed my sins I was disfellowshipped on the grounds that it was a repeated sin. - I wonder how this ties in with the fact that when we sin, jehovah keeps no record. and yet the WTBTS does?

This is one of the many things I have much difficulty equating with.

• screwproof
    screwproof

What I want to know is, why do they demote an Elder when his wife is disfellowshipped, he did nothing wrong.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"What I want to know is, why do they demote an Elder when his wife is disfellowshipped, he did nothing wrong."

Because of the guidline of the scripture 1 Timothy 3..an overseer must " Preside over his household in a fine manner"....."If he does not know how to preside over his household, how will he take care of Gods congegation?"

So his position is untenable if his wife or family member get into trouble (Or at least it should be, I know there are often cases where the rule is not applied)

• The Berean
    The Berean

It depends on who your family is.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I know of two people that were df'd 4 times each. One was df'd, resinstated, and df'd again in the same year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit