How many TIMES can a JW be DF'd before the ELDERS dismiss them PERMANENTLY?

by african GB Member 39 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Which is easier, to get reinstated in the same cong one that one was DF'd or a different one?

I mean, what if the ELDERS realy HATE you?

african GB member

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So, they keep a running record of non criminal offences? That goes with you-like a permanent record? Like that D I got in math once?(Still haunts me!)

Just FYI, was was DA'd for apostacy(I think-I disagreed about the Alpha/Omega thing and stated I didn't think that their teaching had anything to DO with scripture and waiting on Jehovah wasn't going to fix it). They let me back in (I wrote a letter to my old cong. and said I wanted to reconsider). I was back in pretty darn fast. I was young though, so maybe that figured into it. I was never baptised.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, it becomes harder each time. Especially when it is usually the same "offense". It does little to show repentance if, after one gets reinstated, one goes back out and does the same thing again.

However, I have yet to hear of anyone that has been Perma-Banned from the witless religion. The PermaBan would only allow the person the license to do anything they damn well please. Giving them something to hope for, on the other hand, allows the witlesses to still exercise control--even if the time out is on the order of 3+ years and the conditions for reinstatement are very strict.

• PanzerZauberei
    PanzerZauberei

My wife's aunt has been married 9 or ten times and has that many df's in her bag. She comes back and back and back. These df's began over thirty years ago. Her most recent was about 2 years ago and she is back in. She lives in Texas now.

• maryacclaim
    maryacclaim

I have never heard of ten times, but yeah, they'll bring ya back as many times as you can go back there and act your butt off. Someone I know has been Df'd 4 times, twice married and twice cheated on them. The last time I thought he would never get reinstated cuz he was doin one of the family friends in jacuzzi, who was 16 years old and his wife caught them. He just got reinstated for the fourth time and is married to this young 18 year old non witness girl. I say good luck to her. Now, I don't believe in judging people, but I would venture to say, he will probably never change. Just guessing.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I knew a guy that was under constant reproof, got df'ed about 4 times and ja they kept taking him back.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Do the ELDERS send records of "offenders" to BETHEL?, if so, what is BETHEL's opinion about this REPEAT-OFFENDERS? Any BETHELITES on this website?

african GB member

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do know one brother that was df'd 3 times. He has been an elder for the past 15 years!

• blondie
    blondie

Do the ELDERS send records of "offenders" to BETHEL?,

I believe they do............I guess it depends on how money they donate to the WTS.

• sir82
    sir82
    Do the ELDERS send records of "offenders" to BETHEL?,

There is a form, S-77, which elders end to the Society each time someone is disfellowshiiped. It contains the person's name, date of birth, etc., and a brief description of the reason why the DF took place.

I don't know anyone at the Service Desk, but my best guess is that their procedure is to cross-check each S-77 that comes in, based on name, date of birth, and any other identifying info, to see if someone is a "repeat offender".

And I imagine that if someone is reinstated "too soon", or "too often", or something else not to their liking, they would write a nasty letter to the elders asking them all sorts of squirm-inducing questions. But based on some of the accounts above, apparently their "too often" bar is set pretty low.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit