How do you get rid of mice in the walls?

by rebel8 37 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

They're annoying the heck out of us. Can't tell how they're getting in, and neither can my .

• StAnn
    StAnn

They don't stay in the walls, dear. They come out at night.

I had mice and tried traps, glue traps, poision, etc., and caught quite a few but they kept coming. So I got a cat. No more mice. I have had to get used to cleaning cat hair but it's a lot less nasty than cleaning up mouse poo.

StAnn

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Get a cat.

The other is to buy lion dung from the garden center. The mice think there is an Uber Katze in the house and will avoid it.

HB

• Quirky1
  • FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Buy or borrow a 12 guage shotgun, load it, then point it in the general direction of the noise and pull the trigger. Repeat as necessary.

Saint Martin the NRA hamster

• Warlock
    Warlock

Put a few cats IN the wall.

Warlock

• villabolo
    villabolo

Stuff the mouse hole with watchtower literature.

• hubert
    hubert

I think Rebel8 showed us she has a cat. (Don't feed your cat for 3 days......It'll find that mouse). Just kidding.

Do you live in a single family home? Look for openings in the foundation.

Do you have a cellar? Put mouse traps there, and spread a small amount of peanut butter on the trap catch. Work it in good, then set it.

Hubert

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have 2 in fact. One of them is an excellent hunter. I think they're coming in directly from outside so the cats can never reach them--they spend a lot of time trying. Can't find any holes at all. I hate to put poison outside--other animals could eat it.

Could even be a bird, bat, squirrel, who knows.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Haven't had mice in a while, but used to have problems with them. They would get in the ceilings and chew slowly and loudly at night, driving me nuts. Picture water dripping only several times louder and much more obnoxious. To this day I hate mice.

We tried cats, traps, etc. but living right by the woods meant they would come in from outside. Very hard to seal mice out because they can fit in places you wouldn't believe. The most effective deterent ended up being poison, but then they crawl in places and die and stink until either you find them or they disintegrate. Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit