Do the JW's actualy think they have the truth?

by iknowall558 18 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Do the dubs think they have the truth answer:YES. the JW's honestly think they have the truth but we all know they dont because they have several doctrinal errors. They dont think about it logicaly, if they had the truth wouldn't god help others become witnesses yes,and that means that the JW numbers would go up but they actualy go down.And not to mention all the ''end of the world dates'' that they have proficied.

this is my first post so please reply

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Welcome! Expect a few more welcomes too :)

Yes, of course they do. They will never find it till they find Jesus.

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The biggest WT falsehoods concern Jesus i.e that He is Michael, that is never was raised from the dead in a physical body but as a "spirit creature" (a ghost), that He is God with us, that He and the Father are one and they share the same personal spirit, the Holy Sprit etc.

All the best,

Stephen

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi iknowall

welcome

ql

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Welcome Iknowall, are you on the Governing body by any chance with a name like that?

• noni1974
    noni1974

No they don't even come close to having the truth.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, Iknowall. Welcome. I like your username!

You're absolutely right: Most people affiliate with religious groups because at some level they've bought into the group's teachings - unless they're there for the company or some other benefit.

However, the question arises about how much individual JWs have scrupulously examined their beliefs. Probably a tiny percentage have - and in that regard, they're no worse or better than people raised in other religions. Much of what they believe is simply accepted as "the truth" and the brain cells don't actively scrutinise the teachings and policies. They save the "scrutiny" for other people's religions - and do so primarily to criticise other's beliefs rather than improve their understanding.

• Lost-In-Translation
    Lost-In-Translation

Jehovah's Witnesses truly believe that they have the authentic revealed truth from God.

If you ask them, "Do you really believe that after almost 2,000 Jesus Christ decided to "re-establish" the Christian congregation in the United States during the late 1800s?" They will look at you and say, "What are you talking about?"

Most Witnesses have no clue about their religions history. For most it just IS what it IS. They never think of "Pastor" Russell nor what the Bible Students really believed when they were supposedly choosen in 1919.

The WTBS has been able to use parallels to justify that their corporation, based in the USA, was selected by God to shed truth to the world. There has never been an explanation why God selected the USA and not the Middle East or Europe to "restore pure worship." Or why He selected a group of people who looked to the Giza Pyramid for Bible truth. Or believed that that God would convert black people slowly to white in the new world since the white race was superior. Or that the prophets of old were going to be resurrected before the great tribulation. Let's not even mention all the dates for Armageddon.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hello iknowall (good for you!) and welcome!

I been around quite a few JWs in the last few weeks, and they seem pretty darn sure they have the truth and the inside scoop on everything.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Bottom line is Jesus is THE truth no one else, certainly not this Awful organisation tha lost in translation neatly describes.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think many of them think they have the truth.

There was a time, I thought I had the truth.

Then since I am old a lot of times passes and since I have

a memory, I realized what the wactower publishing company said

was not matching up with reality.

Then there was a period, where I was intellectually lazy and confused, ie stupid.

I found stupid is painful, I could no longer bear the pain of being a JW so I left.

Now I have taken the red pill, in search of the truth.

The truth and the red pill are also painfull.

I have been looking for the truth all my concious life.

That frame of mind has lead me to where I am today.

Today I think I am close to the truth.

On the other hand I thought, I was close to the truth in 1974.

So in reflection I have spent my life searching for the truth,

I dont really have much to show for it.

Except this book "Slave Species of God" by Michael Tellinger. check it out on Amazon and buy

it and read it.

That is if you want to take the red pill.

If you dont want your boat rocked ignore and avoid.

This book and the resources it quotes, other books by Sitchin and others does the best

job I have ever seen of answering all my unanswered questions caused by my being

human and a witness.

A year ago, I thought I would be looking for the truth, explanation of why we are here and

where we are going for the rest of my life.

Today I am 60% satisfied that I have found an understanding.

I say 60% because it may take me 10 years to research what I have found.

I am not happy with what I found.

But it makes sense and my itch has been scratched.

The truth I have found is that we are somebodies slave, and it would be nice if it was

a personal slave relationship, but its not.

We are somebodies resource, commodity, property to be utilized, mobilized, terrorized, victimized,

evangalized.

We are here to serve as mercenaries and cannon fodder.

We are pawns.

And were all going to die.

If there is a good side,

knowing and understanding that truth that we are pawns.

Some of us have a small amount of controll in picking out what kind of pawn we want to be.

So what I'm saying enjoy yourself, live each day like its your last, eat, drink and be merry.

Be like the ancient Epicureans, the antithesis of a JW, enjoy your life.

It might be all you get.

But dont hurt anybody or anything because we may be reincarnating evolving to higher states,

And hurting people and animals is just wrong either way.

IF you hurt others you go to jail and dont collect your 200$.

They leave the light on all night and you might be forced to become a rump ranger.

Even if you like women.

The big guys in jail who make you give them a hummer will tell you they arent queer,

you are because you have their appendage in your mouth.

They say all men like hummers.

But only queers give them.

Nothing against homosexuals, I'm just saying treat people and animals nice or you may

taken away, locked up and

be forced to do things you cant immagine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit