Do the JW's actualy think they have the truth?

by iknowall558 18 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Of course they think they have the truth! Every religion does. Do you know any religion that doesn't think they're the right religion? Didn't think so.

In fact most (if not all) Christian sects like to accuse all other Christian sects as not truly being Christian, or not truly knowing Jesus. Kinda funny to see.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I will pick out a few points from this chapter which are pertinent to this thread.

John 8 (New International Version)
    31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

33 They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"

34 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you do what you have heard from your father."

39 "Abraham is our father," they answered.

"If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the things your own father does."
    "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.

Nothing has changed. JWs are Pharisees and their Abraham is their "Jehovah". They are a slave to the laws of the WT and do not hold to the teachings of Jesus and be his disciples. Also He says, if they were really children of the Father they would love Him. As it is they pay Him "obeisance" only and have killed Him by claiming He was never was raised back to life in a physical body but as a "spirit creature" (i.e a ghost) only.

All the best,

Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At first (and with the exception of born-ins), most do believe they have the truth. Otherwise, they would not continue progressing in it (again, born-ins have no choice). But, some time after they are baptized, I doubt many really believe it's the truth and that God is really kind--either it is all a scam, God is an Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, or both.

Of course, some stay in anyways. They know it's a lie. But they are interested in hounding and harassing people, robbing them of their lives so they can support the cancer. They are good at getting people to put all their money (at that, money that is necessary to pay their bills) into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, go out in field circus when they should be tending other things, and obeying stupid and often expensive rules.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yes they do - didn't you when you were one!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ drwtsn32

In fact most (if not all) Christian sects like to accuse all other Christian sects as not truly being Christian, or not truly knowing Jesus. Kinda funny to see.
    Interesting. Evidence?
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum,

My family all believe they have The Truth and they have all knowingly lied to me, or misled me, to protect it.

I always make sure that they know that I know their deception.

Cheers

Chris

• passwordprotected
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

passwordprotected: just my observation. And it even happened in this thread. See the second post!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course..unlike other religions that talk about "faith and belief", Witnesses have to accept the religion as the sole source of knowledge about God, Jesus , Life Death, Medicine Life-Style and Everything,

it has to be seen as "The Truth", based on pseudo intellectual philosophy. The package is complete - take it all or leave it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit