My mom- and Hi! I am new here.

by RaraAvis 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

Welcome RA, I am not a jw but I do have family in and this forum is wonderful and helpful. Hang on to the WT literatrue, some of those old books are going for high dollar on ebay. It's also proof of how they changed over the years.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just wanted to add my welcome.

It seems you have a good relationship with your mom--at least you were helping her move and she was speaking to you, which is more than some on this forum have.

Please be patient. Poor mom is trying her best to please God, and hasn't a clue that she is following a man-made group. It is hard not to yell out what you know....

• moshe
    moshe

Good luck with your mother and I am glad you have joined our group.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome. Just love your mom for who she is. I lost my JW mum a few years back.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

I too have a totally devoted, absorbed mother. I think of her as Joan of Arc. Completely dedicated to such an extent that she drags some along in her enthusiasm, yet to anyone removed from the religion appears to be a martyr to the point of insanity.

When I was leaving I had many months of discussion with my mother. What resulted was it crushed and depressed her, destroyed our relationship but did nothing to help her give up her devotion to the Watchtower Society. I am not sure what I would do if I had my time again - just walk away to keep the peace, or try to help my family members see sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit