My mom- and Hi! I am new here.

by RaraAvis 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi RA, welcolme to the forum.

My parents are completely absorbed by the religion.

I don't have a single family member who hasn't lied to me to cover the WTs shortcomings. I always make sure they know that they didn't get away with it.

Cheers

Chris

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi RA,

Welcome!

This speaks for itself.

John 10:10 (New Living Translation)

10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

Do JWs really have a rich and sastisfying life that Jesus promises them or the other option mentioned here? All the best, Stephen

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi RaRa - welcome to the board - I hope that you will feel even better once you get to know everyone here a bit better.

it's very sad leaving family members in and can be quite taxing on the emotions. We want so badly that they see the society for what it is. Just continue being there for her - actions speak louder than words. Perhaps one day things will change and you'll be able to move those publications out for good!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome! I quit unpaid volunteer work for the Watch Tower Corporation in 1974. I wasn't a believer any more but I continued to live a version of life under my Witness inculcated education from 1974 until 1992. I've become a rather prolific collector of Watch Tower Corporation produced religious fiction literature since I started my re-education path in 1992. I went back and read much of the Russell and Rutherford work. Then I made a line by line study of the Knorr era literature, like "Let God Be True". That was the gold standard when I was being educated by the Witness people.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oddly enough, it felt GREAT to throw all my bound volumes out. Liberating would be the proper word.

Best yet was throwing out my last bible a few years later.

It is very sad to see people dying to live a dream that will not be realized. Dubs just will never get it - everyone has they're own version of paradise, and they are SO convinced that they are right, they never open themselves to the possiblity that they are wrong, ever. And just like you said, wasting precious years of they're lives waiting for nothing, finding yourself old, alone, and waiting to die.

Thanks but no thanks - I actively choose to live.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome RaraAvis

My mom is also a 40 year JW...wasting her whole life in it... I just got out a couple years ago..after years of doubts.

I got rid of a lot of my WT literature here (the old JWD) ..I just requested people cover cost of postage and trusted people. No one stiffed me, most gave a bit more for me to go out to dinner... only one person only gave the postage cost..... and I figure if someone is helped by seeing the truth about the Truth™, well then it is good. I still have some WT lit...I keep meaning to burn it or at least send it to the recycle bin... time time...

Funny why we kept so much literature over the years..most dubs have not read any of it unless it was "studied" at a meeting. I was an exception. Probably why I had doubt...

Snakes ()

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board .I still have the set of Studies..... Russell wrote.

When I am depressed I read em for a laugh

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome, welcome...it's tough when your family are die-hards. I know where you're coming from, but hang in there. Like others have said, this place is very therapeutic!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome, RaraAvis! You just described my parents' library. They have literature dating back to the 50's. They have no other books in their library but society publications. Sad indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit