Is it true? The WTS will not disfellowship anymore?

by heyfea 22 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

Hello all,

I'm sorry if I missed a discussion regarding this subject.

My mother-in-law is a JW (not a fanatic). She goes to the meetings every now and then; she occasionally goes out preaching. She has a balanced view of her priorities when

it comes to following the WTS. Good for her.

Ok, my husband told me yesterday that according to his mother, the WTS will not disfellowship anymore. Is this true? I'm not sure that my mother-in-law really pays attention when she goes to the meetings. That's why I would like to hear from someone who is sure about this, and if at all possible, I want details, mainly the whys according to the WTS, and they whys (real reasons) according to ex-JWs.

I'm just dying to know the gossip.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have heard that also ...

But I also was told that the person would be "marked."

Then, anyone talking to him would be subject to a anal cavity search with a toilet brush to assure he had not be contaminated by the marked person.

Rub a Dub

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would be very delighted if that is true except the marking thing.

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

This is really far fetched. I will not believe it until I see it in print.

• sspo
    sspo

Don't hold your breath on this one.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I failed to mention that while the person is bent over the table being cleansed, he must be singing a kingdom song of the elders choice acapella.

Rub a Dub

• flipper
    flipper

HEYFEA- Good question. I've been out of the organization for 5 years but the last information I heard on this on the board was that they no longer " announce " that someone is disfellowshipped , but in the announcement from the platform they just say , " so and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. " It's just a legal terminology differently used, I believe, so the WT society won't get lawsuits against them for kicking people out. The announcement is made with the idea it was the PUBLISHERS idea of leaving. But the congregation is still to shun the person like they always have disfellowshipped people. If I'm wrong - someone feel free to correct me here

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They still SHUN people. That's the relevant part, IMHO.

• PanzerZauberei
    PanzerZauberei

Flipper, you are wrong. Not about this, but you are wrong about something, somewhere along the line. I think. LOL

Actually I think they would be throwing away their hole card if they stopped dfing people. Keeping the slaves scared to death is how they keep them in line.

Lorenzo AKA Tired of the Hypocrisy

• dinah
    dinah

Do you think she could be referring to the change in the announcement? Instead of stating that Brother X has been disfellowshipped they just announce that Brother X is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit