Is it true? The WTS will not disfellowship anymore?

by heyfea 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Mickey mouse,

I was thinking the same thing -- except it's not in Europe and it's (still?) only a rumour.

What is really at stake in the Belgian case is not disfellowshipping per se but the official shunning instructions -- and those have not changed, even in France, as is clear from the appendix of the 2008 book (the title of which I have forgotten).

• parakeet
    parakeet

The WTS is good at three things -- printing and selling books, keeping their slaves in line, and the use of weasel words.

Weasel words allow them to say something without really saying anything. "The end will arrive any day now." "Any day" allows them to weasel out of setting a precise date for the incineration of 6 billion people, something all true-blue dubs are aching for. Many more examples come to mind, but I think you get the picture.

Weasel words are what have kept the WTS afloat long after the millions, who were supposed to live forever, have died.

To be fair, governments and extremist groups with an "agenda" use weasel words too, so if you're reading this, WTS, you're in good company.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's really the 'same old same old' reality,,it's their ploy of semantics (according to Webster's dictionary), meaning "the exploitation of connotation and ambiguity (as in propaganda)".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit