The "Marital Due"

by Lady Lee 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

JWs influenced the sex life of our marriage in different ways (no "perversions", etc) but I never resembled the husband in the OP. Rather, I would try to convince my (ex) wife to get in the mood, so that she would initiate it. If I would initiate, that was a turn-off for her, so I rarely initiated.

Of course, my current marriage to an ExJW does not have any of these hangups, so that part of my life is so much better!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

seek2find

I think you are correct. My ex always told me that if he committed adultery I would have his blood on my hands. - That really let him off the hook now didn't it.

But I sooo bought into it that I committed adultery just so I wouldn't have his blood on my conscience. I gave him his freedom. It messed me up but I sure as hell didn't need more guilt laid in my lap

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I hear ya awakened

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hi again, Maybe the problem is, (or was) that the organization put to much emphasis on sex and all the do's and don'ts and made it something mechanical, rather that a natural and pleasurable act. It seems that they were obsessed with it. I've heard that when groups are obsessive about it, it is an indication of some level of sexual disfunction on the part of the leadership. I believe that may be true. seek2find

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Considering the marriages - or non-marriages - of the first three presidents I think dysfunction pretty well sums it up

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi LL,

Of course, that is only a small part of the story.

Ephesians 5:25 (New International Version)

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Christ came to serve us, to lay His life down for us.

Marriage is not a one way street and neither should the marital bed be.

Check this out for some proper teaching on mens role in marriage in the eyes of God marriage-and-men

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit