The "Marital Due"

by Lady Lee 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm going to take a deep breathe and ask that a serious topic not become fodder for your jokes.

ff There should be more men like you. Personally I can't understand how a man would want to have sex with someone who clearly isn't interested.

Parakeet

My husband wasn't a Muslim. He was a JW who thought that loving his wife as himself meant having sex with me was his way of loving himself

He also seemed to think that my being "the weaker sex" meant I didn't know when I wanted it so he would inform me.

I think what is important is to know is that men don't have to use actual force. They can use threats. They can use the Bible (or other scripture). They can use authority. Most wives would give in before the violence starts.

• Robdar
    Robdar

In Judaism, it is the man who must promise to fulfill his "marital due." Another reason I like Judaism.

• oompa
    oompa

any man who demands marital doo.....is a rapist......imo.........oompa......

i still wish i had done my study!!.............

• parakeet
    parakeet

Lady Lee: "I think what is important is to know is that men don't have to use actual force. They can use threats. They can use the Bible (or other scripture). They can use authority. Most wives would give in before the violence starts."

I know from many previous posts that you've had some horrible times in your life, LL. I understand that there are plenty of "Christian" husbands who abuse their wives with threats and worse.

But at least in Christian countries, this practice is not generally approved. In the U.S., it's illegal.

What is disturbing about this Muslim cleric's statements is that the Islamic religious and societal norm should include beating and raping women. I've read several books about how brutally women are treated in Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iran. They value their livestock more than women.

• watson
    watson

Oompa...pushin' the envelope....

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

My wife liked playing dues and I enjoyed rising to the ocassion

Sorry L lee The serious point I'd like to make is that not all JW's considered it a duty like those dickheads in Crooklin

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sadly there are many countries and cultures that reduce women to be the slaves of men - and they call us the weaker sex!

I will say that in regards to husbands, neither my live-in boyfriend and later my second husband considered what the first did as marital rape and never pressured me the way the JW husband did.

I know there are good men out there - just to set the record straight

• Scully
    Scully

Robdar:

In Judaism, it is the man who must promise to fulfill his "marital due." Another reason I like Judaism.

I second that mitzvah.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

In Faust by Goethe the play ends with the chorus of mystics saying

All that shall pass away is but reflection.

All insuffiency

here finds perfection.

All that's mysterious

here finds the day.

Woman in all of us shows us our way.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Lady Lee, Your comment on this subject make me think of a lot of couples I knew while I was a witness. A lot of them had been maried many years and many people thought that they had good mariages. Behind the sceens tho it was a mere facade. I remember hearing one older lady quoted as saying she "couldn't wait till the old Bastard died". I think the root of the problem was that the Organization encouraged this type of thinking. They tried to make rules that the Bible didn't contain that discouraged couples from experiminting with lovemaking techniches that could have enhanced the womans pleasure. The focus was always put on just the mans. I knew of several cases when a Husband would have an afair and it seemed that the wife got the blame because she wasn't "giving her due". When in reality the husband was just a skirt chaser looking for an excuse. seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit