Change in Regular Pioneer application process

by Ultimate Reality 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

This week a letter is being read that changes the process for the approval of regular pioneers. In times past you had to fill out an application, submit it to the Elder Body (who would then add their comments), and it would be forwarded to "the Branch" for approval.

This is being changed so that the Elder Body grants the approval instead of Brooklyn or the local branch. It looks like the lawyers are removing any and all direct contact between the rank-and-file and the GB. All liability is being limited to, and contained to local congregations elders.

This continuing process would lend further credibility to the rumor about the end of C.O.'s. They present a huge liability to the Society and the Governing Body as they have been sent out as representatives (or legal agents) of the GB.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wondered if the eliminating-the-C.O. rumor would ever become a reality. There's got to be either a new round of lawsuits coming or a new round of lawyers worried about it. There's the removal of the WT-logo, now the separating of pioneers from the corporation. I could see the directions from HQ through the C.O. actually ending soon. There's some ultra-paranoia up there in the ivory tower for some reason.

I imagine they don't want what happens with the pioneers to be connected to the corporation. If it becomes common knowledge that elders will be on their own in any lawsuits, I can see them quitting in masses.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Are they seperating the sheep from the old goats?

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

I think the CO's will continue (so that they don't have mass layoffs--too much bad Bethel PR already) but in a new capacity that shows how much the GB loves everyone, by simplifying. It will also be interpreted as another sign the end is so close. Based on some other postings, it seems reasonable that the CO's will start visiting elder bodies on a rotation and be available for advice over the phone, but no more direct contact with the R & F. Perhaps, CO's will start appointing elders (like the apostle Paul) adding another layer to protect Brooklyn. We will only see them giving manuscript talks at assemblies, just like DO's -- no opportunuty for publishers to complain about whatever injustices are happening in the congregation.

Whatever the case, the push to separate from local congregations is strong. Now, if a Pioneer molests someone, Brooklyn cannot be held liable. I bet all existing Pioneers will have to sign new applications (agreements) this fall.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What liability would the wts have in appointing pioneers themselves? I don't get it.

This just seems to me to be a way for the elders to exert a lot more control over people. Now not only do you have to be a goody-goody, you have to get all the elders to like you if you want the golden ticket.

• yknot
    yknot

Rebel8

Because the approval came from HQ it makes HQ liable in a lawsuit..... this has been seen in all of the WTS sexual abuse cases.

Though many Judges dismiss the cases against the WTS of NY an PENN it is just a matter of time before one judge truely appreciates the level of dictate that comes from "mother" and it would cost them $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The plaintifs always name the person, local KH, and WTS Corp.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Lulu: I know of situations where the branch and the applicant have had disagreements on the applicant's suitability. These applications are not rubber stamped. If there is something in your file in Brooklyn, they can deny your application. You also don't have any transparency in the organization. You may not be allowed to know what is in your file or how to resolve the issues. The whole process creates a nightmare for Brooklyn and the applicant. Brooklyn is afraid of lawsuits from the publishers and from the public if a publisher does something bad. This move helps contain liability.

• metatron
    metatron

I think you're all on the right track if you see a deliberate distancing between the Society and congregations. They have a worsening liability problem with the centralization of their control. If they appoint elders or pioneers, that's a direct link to the top of the hierarchy and could be followed as a path to "deep pockets" in a lawsuit. As I've said, years ago, they must agonize over the C.O. situation. They lust for control but that control is a liability threat to their existence.

metatron

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Are they seperating the sheep from the old goats?

Good one, cawshun.

LOL!

Warlock

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Perhaps the next logical step would be appointment of elders and miisterial servants by the local body too? The branch only ever rubber stamped the choices anyway and if it leaves a trail of liability why not withdraw from that decision making process too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit