Question Box in new May KM...more spin of things to come

by TooBad TooSad 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember some years back some jws had business and personal cards with the WT logo on it and were told they had to take the logo off. Except in rare circumstances, the WTS no longer provides ID cards to its members.

• yknot
    yknot

So we are after 92 years taking actions that appear as 'de-centralizing'. I

I wonder if there is some tossing and turning under the Beth Sarim garage

Can anyone say...."Mormonizing'

Here is nice article explaining their structure....

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6383459

Here is an except....

Local: Each congregation has a leader known as a bishop (JW:Coordinator) who oversees each ward (JW:KH). A grouping of wards is known as a stake (JW:Circuit), which is led by a stake president (JW:CO). Neither the bishops nor stake presidents receive a salary.

Above the local is a group of 70 men called the "Seventy"..... currently there are 8 groups of Seventy (so 560 men acting as DOs).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Most McDonald's restaurants are privately owned franchises- plenty of other businesses are like that.
    But they serve the company food according to company standards in a company-style building. The workers
    are trained locally mostly, but according to company policy. If someone has trouble at their local McDonald's,
    the deeper pockets of the corporation are not insulated well. People know it's a franchise.

The local Kingdom Hall is a franchise just the same. People are not fooled. Good points were made that they
    want to own the property, control the people, train the elders, supply the spiritual food, direct the punishments,
    yet not be part of what goes on at the local Kingdom Hall.

• garybuss
    garybuss

This is a picture of the Kingdom Hall in Sioux Falls, built in the mid 50's, with a watch tower facade. In those days we lent money to the Watch Tower Society so they could build and buy buildings. That's been reversed. Those nickles and dimes we sent in really added up.

• dinah
    dinah

OTWO, good point. The McDonald's corporate headquarters had to pay for the woman who spilled coffee in her lap, because the cup said "McDonald's" on it.

Seems to me they'll have to change the name of those pathetic magazines too.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My gosh how absolutley corporate does it have to get for the average JW to finally say "WHAT THE F&*K?

• journey-on
    journey-on

They could be drumming up business for the RBC, too...an excuse to do some extensive rebuilding and remodeling. This kills two birds with one stone. Again, imo, it's all about $$$.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board rutheeker..

• StAnn
    StAnn

Geez, I thought this article was in response to V's videos with the WT logo behind the podium....!

I'd like to know if any of the "active" JWs on this board have pointed this out to their elders and had a response, or if they've heard any of their elders being sharp enough to understand what the WTS is really doing.

StAnn

• Emma
    Emma

It's because "the end" is just "around the corner" and "jehovah" is "protecting the brothers" for when the "UN turns on all religion" to "destroy" it. "God's people" are being "protected" by the "faithful and discreet slave." Don't ya know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit