Question Box in new May KM...more spin of things to come

by TooBad TooSad 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I have a scan of the question box but I can't figure out how to upload it so I

will just type it out. I can guarantee you that only we who post on this web

site know what is going on in the question box and what the reasoning is.

The publishers won't give it a second thought.

Here it is:

"Is it appropriate for congregations or individuals to use the logos of legal

corporations used by Jehovah's Witnesses?

A logo is a name, symbol, or trademark designed for easy and definite recognition.

The Watch Tower logo is representative of the Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

and other corporations used by the organization. The Christian Congregation of

Jehovah's Witnesses uses an open Bible in its letterhead. Other corporations used

by Jehovah's Witnesses have different logos.

Congregations or individuals should not use logos or names of the organization's legal

entities, or variations there of, on their Kingdom Halls, signs, letterhead, personal objects,

and so forth. Such use of the organization's logos may cause confusion for public

officials, publishers, and others about the legal affiliatiion of the congregation with the

organization's legal entities. Similarly, written correspondence could be misinterpreted as being

approved or sent from the world headquarters or the branch office.

The Watch Tower logo, or variation of it, should not be used in future Kingdom Hall projects

even if the Kingdom Hall is owned by the Watchtower entity."

There is another couple of paragraphs about if a KH has the logos that it would be good to

eliminate it if the costs are not too expensive. If it is expensive then just to wait until the

next remodel or renovation. I love the statement that we don't want to confuse the publishers

in thinking that somehow there is some legal tie between the two even if the WTBTS owns

the property.

TooBad TooSad

I wonder why all of a sudden the WTBTS wants to distance itself from the local congreations

and why worry if public officials may link the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses with the Watch Tower

Bible and Tract Society if the Watchowe Society logos are used?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

use the logos

I thought WT teaches that Jesus is the logos.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Why would he be reduced to an inanimate object?

• HalfWayThere
    HalfWayThere

In other news, the Pope has said that Catholic churches should not display a cross as it may give the impression that they are somehow affiliated with Christ.

• garybuss
  • Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Maybe they are preparing to sell the WTBS brand to Mormons...

Or maybe it is becase Armageddon is just behind the corner ....

Albert

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

should not be used in future Kingdom Hall projects even if the Kingdom Hall is owned by the Watchtower entity

That is quite a surprise. They really are becoming legally paranoid.

• wobble
    wobble

I think this is a case of "Legal" calling the shots.They want no connection should child abuse cases,or any other problem, result in expensive lawsuits.

Watch out Congo. Elders you are on your own!

love

Wobble

• neverendingjourney
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Don't you love it how they call the corporations that control the Watchtower as "Entitys"? Yikes. I knew there were entitys involved with that bunch. W.Once

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Looks like paranoia to me too. The wts wants to call the shots and regularly gives "insight" on how the elders are to handle judicial matters (such as child abuse, fraud, etc.) but when the elders follow that advice and get sued the wts "entity" does not want to be held accountable. I wonder if elders have any clue how quick the organization will cut them loose and leave them hanging if they get sued or better yet, become the subject of a criminal investigation (for not reporting child abuse, for example)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit