Watchtower History

by RR 35 Replies latest forum suggestions

• RR
    RR

Hi gang, yes, I have several books on this topic, especially the on by Frtiz Springmeirer, who in my opinion is a big conspiracy nut, having to spoken to him, he could not give me one shread of evidence to his claims except for the artilce you quote on "secret societies" anyone who had read the article will see that he was not talking about masons.

I ask one guy who believed this wholeheartedly, I asked him for proof, I've been in masonic halls, they keep meticulous records, photos of high ranking officials, membership rosters, etc.

His answer to me was "it's a secret society, no one knows." My reply was "if it's a secret society, how do you know Russell was a member? Unless someone leaked it out, and if it was leaked out where's the proof? Or do you simply accept 'word of mouth?'

I have been all over Allegheny and Pittsburgh, and never a shred of evidence to prove he was a mason of any rank.

The burden of proof is on them!

• m2u
    m2u

Hi RR,

As I stated in another thread, I went through the mason initiation ritual and even though I did not finish my 3rd degree I am still welcome to do so. I am also welcome at the meetings they hold, I still recieve the "Trestleboard" and I am in contact with local prominent masons.
    I am going to see if I can find out if Russell was a mason or not.
    I will ask the master of the lodge if he can look this information up for me.
    They have been contacting me a lot lately encouraging me to finish my degree so maybe I can get this favor"handel'd".

I'll let you all know.

m2u

• RR
    RR

That would be nive m2u!

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• m2u
    m2u

Ok Guy's and Gal's, The request for the information has been made.

I contacted a friend who is a very high mucky muck mason.
    He took down the name "Charles Taze Russell" and will check to see if he can find out if he was ever a member.

I'll let you all know as soon as he gets back to me.

m2u

• RR
    RR

btw .... make sure you get the right Charles Taze Russell, VCharles was a junior, named after his uncle, who was a business man and started the younger Russell on his business ventures.

• RR
    RR

Hi Thinker and others,

It wasn't that I didn't know of the references, I just wanted you to show me where they were.

Now, as to the quotes. If you read the article [sermon] carefully, you will notice that Russell is not so much talking about free masons, as oppose talking to free masons.

He uses masonic analogies so that they can relate to what he is saying, he uses terms as they understand.

Russell, throughout his writings uses the description, "our baptist brethren [friends], "our Catholic friends," "our masonic friends." Even Bible Students use the term "our Jehovah's Witness friends."

So it isn't anything out of the ordinary. When Russell travelled to different parts of the world, he often used anaologies people could relate to.

As to the pyramid, I myself can't help but see something divine about it, I don't put my trust in it, only the Bible, but there is something about the pyramid that is God directed, and many, many Christian religions believe so also.

As to the winged sun symbol, the symbol reminded Russell of the scripture about Jesus as the sun of righteousness who will bring healing in his wings [Mal. 4:2]

The Cross and Crown is not a masonic symbol as it has existed for centuries, in fact it was instituted as a symbol of a branch of the Catholic Church, having nothing to do with Masonry.

Today, although the Bible Students continue to use the cross and crown symbol as well as many prostestant churches, they no longer use the winged sun symbol ... although some believe the picture is that of the two cherubims on the arc of the covenant, which does look like it a bit, but resembles too closed the Eqyptian symbol of Ra.

Coverup or coincidence? I say coincidence being that I have studied the man and know how he thinks, others say coverup, at least from the Watchtowers point of view, as they tend to cover things up.

Edited by - RR on 23 December 2000 20:12:42

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit