Watchtower History

by RR 35 Replies latest forum suggestions

• RR
    RR

m2u asked

btw...are you a "Russellite"?

arrrrgh ... a what? I admire the man, and believe he was both misunderstood and misrepresented, even the Society makes him out to be a Jehovah's Witness, fact is, were he alive today, he would join the ranks of DF'd ones for apostasy.

No, I am not a "Russellite," but I do accept much of what he taught and wrote as sound and Biblical. Some call it "Russellism", we call it Bible Students.

Lord bless!

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• m2u
    m2u

Hey RR...Do you speak spanish ?

m2u

• larc
    larc

The best written work is by Jim Penton. He has a PhD in history, and was a very prominent Witness in Canada before he left. Like all of the x's I have met, he is a very fine person. He told me that it took four years after leaving before he could begin his book because of the emotion involved.

RR a summary of your collection of materials regarding Russell could be a valuable addition to the printed record.

• RR
    RR

mu2 asked

Hey RR...Do you speak spanish ?

I'm no longer fluent in the language, having been born and raised in the USA, my Spanish was limited to my mother [my father spoke English]and some relatives, although I spent my last two years of high school in Puerto Rico and some college, I've been back in the states some twenty years, and rarely speak it, except to get by.

If you're looking for fluency? No, if you're lokking for someone who can get by if he were dropped in the middle of South America, yes.

Why do you ask?

Larc stated:

RR a summary of your collection of materials regarding Russell could be a valuable addition to the printed record.

Yes I agree, especially since there is very little out there in that area, most of the time Russell is mentioned, it is in regards to the Jehovah's Witnesses. Most authors confused the two theologies, and others like Duane Magnani, just like to make things up.

• m2u
    m2u

Hola RR,

Te pregunte porque vi que tu apellido es hispano.
    Yo aunque soy escandinavo, hablo espanol y pense platicar contigo en espanol de vez en cuando.

I'd love it if you could provide me with some web sites that contain reading material having to do with the subject of this thread.
    I'm very interested.
    But not anything written about Russell by the WBTS.

Ciao'

m2u

• RR
    RR

Hola me hermano, si, mi apellido es Rodriguez, mis padres son de Puerto Rico, y hablo espanol muy poco, pero los entiendo muy bien.

As to a history of the Watchtower, my booklet [out of print] can be viewed on various websites, one in particular at:

http://www.biblestudents.net/abs/history.htm

Nothing special here, just the facts. it deals m,ainly with Russell and the early IBSA, the chapter of interest would be "Daughters of the Tower" which details the various offshoots of the Society during the 1917-1932 schism.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

HA! I took French in school, and I dated a Puerto Rican brother....so watch yourselves when you start telling these little Spanish secrets......let it be known.....I HAVE A FRENCH/ENGLISH DICTIONARY!!!

• m2u
    m2u

Ahhh We best be careful RR...Redhorsewoman speaks Spfringlish, no way we can get around that!! :)

RR I'm on those web sites and Thanks !

m2u

• RR
    RR

Well my wife is French, born in Germany, raised in Zaire, her parents were born in Haiti, her great grandparents from France.

So, not only does she know French fluently as well as creol, she knows how to shrink heads, so don't mess with me .... lol

Edited by - RR on 20 December 2000 23:14:37

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Shrink heads? HA! I can shrink certain other body parts with a look alone. Top that one! HA!

Plus, I know how to use a mounting block. Yep, I do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit