Working out of your home

by purplesofa 11 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Some days I love it, others I am supposed to work and it's just so easy to get distracted with home stuff going on.

I will just get this laundry done, then this and that. I want my home to be in order before I start working. Before

I got up, got dressed, walked out the door and left it all. It's hard to let it go when I am here all day.

I have tried setting a schedule and it always seems to be getting screwed up.

Hell, I just spent 30 minutes looking online at all the snuggie cult people....LOL

I do meet my deadlines, its not stressful, but my workload will increase this year and soon the pool will be ready~~

my desk faces the pool and I know it will be calling me!!!!!

How do you manage to stay focused?

Seriously, How do you block out that you are in your home and focus entirely on the work?

purps

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I can't help you purps! I know I'm not disciplined enough to work from home if I could. It sound like the greatest opportunity to be able to work from home, but I'm the same way as far as getting the house in order, laundry sitting on the deck having a glass of wine. And I don't have a pool that would be torture!

Good luck girl you can do it just focus.............

nj

• rebel8
    rebel8

I do my work as fast as the Energizer Bunny, then do some errands, come back and go back into Energizer Bunny mode. I have been told many times when at the office that I work 2x as fast as everyone else. That's how I do it at home.

• carla
    carla

When it reaches the point of work or don't pay the mortgage you will be able to work and all the distratctions quickly fade!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

good point carla!!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I don't have a clue!!

I'd love to find a work at home job!!

(open for suggestions)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

crazy

Wish you could too,

you could spend so much more time with your grandbaby.

purps

• oompa
    oompa

damm...you have a pool too???....you are a frikkn man magnet..........oompa

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I feel your "pain".... been there, done that (sometimes I still do). A phrase I like from the motivational speaker Tony Robbins is "Schedule it" - meaning lay out your tasks, then schedule it ahead of time. Then somewhere through a few tasks, see where you are, what you might have to "reschedule" or re prioritize. It's made a difference with me. Even now, I've given myself 10 mins. to be on JWD then I'm off to another task.

(just a thought )

D.E.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I get too distracted. That's why I rented a small office

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit