Working out of your home

by purplesofa 11 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Purps:

I work at home on creative projects that are geared toward a viable income. Of course, discipline is required to accomplish one's art, music, writing, jewelry fabrication, etc., amidst domestic chaos (the benign sort). I work outside the home enough to get by. The home environment for me, however, is grist for my mill. Mundane chores and home-related challenges provide inspirational fodder for my domestic and decorating services, as well as for my household hints column (I do laundry in my kitchen sink with a washboard and IVORY soap). My countryside walks, which get me out off the house and dispel my oft acute cabin fever, provide ideas for my writing and art ...

My point is that I embrace a degree of the spontaneous and unexpected in my home-based operations. It's part of what we are. I attempted for a time to create in a hothouse environment, sealed off, as it were, from the outside world. It simply didn't work for me. Accordingly, the details of routine ordinariness provide my impetus.

This works for me.

Wishing you the best with your art/jewelry projects!

CoCo

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I do not have a set schedule for my job. I found that when I was busier (back in my dub elder days, going to school FT, working 30 hours or more a week) I got more accomplished because I had to. Of course, my stress level was through the roof.

Now that I don't have the dub "busy work" going on, I don't know what to do with myself. I work mostly Sat/Sun.... this semester I have classes 2 days a week. I should be waaay ahead on most of my courses.. instead... I just meet deadlines. I always do good work... I have a 3.67 GPA to prove it.... And this week I am off school and work and no car...... Yesterday I got my car and garage completely cleaned out ....today...I got nothing accomplished..... but my stress level is a lot lower.....

.. it comes down to motivation...I agree with what carla said... when a bill needs payin you will get workin. Pool doesnt get filled if the water is off and the pump doesnt run without electric.....

Are ya posting pics of your jewelry yet?

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit