Where else will you go?

by wary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Geez I'm a newbe and it seems like nobody is listening I pointed out that it was a false dilemma before BizzyBee did: then Ten years and Parakeet expanded on it. I don't expect to be greeted like a long lost friend and love bombed like I would be if I went to the K Hall for the first time. Thats not real, but I would like to play with you. I'm the kid standing there on the sidelines with his own bat and ball

• ninja
    ninja

don't take it personally tuo.....your point will be read and appreciated by others...(I did).....they just may not voice it......you are as much part of the forum as anyone else here.......cheers...ninja....p.s ....if you're in the pub....make mines a beer.....he he

• wary
    wary

I just like to say hic...

I aplleciate all your comments hic....

fankyou velly much.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

I rarely take myself too seriously Ninga Scotland Heh When I visited my outlaws in Scotland Many of the locals I met would say to me Your Australian arn't you Why are you here? and I would say "I made the mistake of marrying a Scot." Every last one of them would reply "Thats noooooooo mistake laddie". I loved it that emphatic drawn out no They had a great sense of humour My ex would beam with pleasure these were her kin sticking up for her. They're nay too fond of the English though ,but thats another story

• JAVA
    JAVA

As pointed out, the Tower has been using this false reasoning for eons. It works when followers are removed from the larger society, and believe everything else is evil and controlled by Satan. A circuit overseer told me that even if it wasn't "the truth" he lead a better life because of it. The fact is most people have morals that don't require them to shun family and loved ones because of a goofy high-control religious sect. Most folks are not "better" people because of being in a cult, they are just better followers that don't question.

BTW--Welcome to all the new one!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have found a few places, one of them being right here on this forum. Much better than being among those cockroach witlesses.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Personally, I find the question "Where else will you go?" insulting. It carries with it the implication that we are too stupid or incompetent to go anywhere or do anything without the cult's direction and policing.

Where will I go? I'll go where I bloody well please, and I don't have to explain myself to anyone. I'm perfectly capable of charting my own life's course. As for the watchtower, they can kiss my ass on CNN.

W

• undercover
    undercover

See how the organization has put itself in Christ's place? Instead of "where else will you go" it should be "to whom else shall you go"...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Geez I'm a newbe and it seems like nobody is listening

Didn't anybody tell you that we don't listen to newbies 'til they've got 500 posts?

Welcome!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have already found that:

my own peace of mind, my joy, and my own personal conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit