Where else will you go?

by wary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• wary
    wary

The PO comes to see me and talks round the houses trying to find out what my problem is.

So I tell him "look its something I have to sort out for myself and I dont want to destroy your faith and make You start questioning so Id rather not tell you"

He already knew cos the first elder went to his house the second he left mine and told him about [what I thought was A private conversation between Mates,] my issues.

So he proceeds to tell me a story of a Brother he knows who was always very studious and knowledgable about all prophecies and the details of our beliefs.

Well the guy suddenly stopped attending meetings last year, dont know why but the PO seemed pretty upset about it as he was an old friend.

So he says " I said to him, but John, Where will you go now on Sunday afternoons,! and really Wary where else will you go?"

Not really a good enough reason to allow your kids to die is it.

I felt like saying down the flaming Pub.

And that was my encouagment to stay.

Youd think his studious old friend leaving would be enough to make him wonder about why after all these years of faithfull sevice, he just gave it all up!

Where else will you go? I can think of a million things I would rather be doing. Ive been thinking about it for the last forty years while sitting in the friggin Hall on another boring Sunday afternoon.

wary.

• leavingwt
  • dismayed
    dismayed

I'd laugh but it just makes me angry when I think about it...that this crew takes this scripture and applies it to their "organization"

Where else to go? How bout where the apostles went, to Jesus! Course if you tell them that, they just don't get it

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

If we didn't accept the WT woldview in the first place we would not be asking ourselves this question A false dilemna The WT has used that hook for over a centurywhile everyone else was enjoying and living their lives. Where is the pub? I'll be in that.

• tympan
    tympan

Let's see:

The Pub is good.

Going to the footy is good.

Taking your kids:

- out for a picnic

- to sporting event

- to a gallery

- to an exhibition

- to a museum

- to the zoo

- to a movie

- out fishing

- for a drive

- for a hike

- for a bike ride

- out in a boat

- to the beach (or river /lake)

Just a few suggestions.

Next time the PO asks you can tell him.

Or just tell him to PO!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Bless yer socks, wary!

I believe that what is meant is a variation of "Who has the truth if JWs don't? Where will you go to find the true religion?"

This is a false dilemma - the fact that JWs do not have the truth does not need to be proven by pointing to the "true religion."

It would be like as if a woman is murdered and the police don't know who did it. So they say, "If it wasn't her husband who did it, then who? Even though we have no evidence that he did it, and in fact we have substantial evidence to prove that he was in Cleveland at the time of the murder, we're going to hold him until we find the real murderer."

Don't fall for it.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Great comment Bizzy...I am sooooo sick of hearing that flawed comment from JW's!!

I have also had the "even if it isn't right, what have you lost?...you have lived a good life and have not been infected by the evils of this world". Sheesh, what a crappy way to reason. I guess you don't have to be right, just live a good life...wait, don't JW's say it's not good enough to live a good life?...you have to have the truth, or you will be destroyed at Armaggedon. So, which is it??

• parakeet
    parakeet

".... where else will you go?"

Their real question is "where else will you go for what?

Truth? That's a laugh.

Compassion? Break a rule and see what happens.

Friendship? Conditional on your keeping the rules.

I'd answer, "I'm already there."

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

It was such a beautiful day, that we took our Grandchildren for a walk at a nature reserve. Checked out these huge ass trees that had been blown over by the recent storms. Right next to the blown over trees was new growth. So cool....I should have taken pictures. Next time I will.

It was much better than sitting in any Kingdom Hall, that's for sure.

lisa

• Borgia
    Borgia

Parakeet: I'm going to hang your post right above the entrance of my house! Priceless!

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit