New Video: Is "paradise earth" a Bible teaching?

by Awakened at Gilead 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

great work Lance.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Nice video. Thanks for your hard work.

I've heard the evangelical teaching that they will return from heaven after 1000 years to repopulate the earth. I used to derisively refer to this as the "yo-yo" theory--because you start out on the earth, then go up to heaven (rapture), then come back down after the 1000 years.

I guess this yo-yo theory is a way to reconcile (1) the fact that the NT strongly indicates that all Christians go to heaven with (2) statements like "the meek shall inherit the earth" and the OT verses from Isaiah that the JWs use to describe a paradise earth.

When I was a believing JW, I never understood why the NT didn't discuss the paradise. It just didn't make sense Jesus wouldn't discuss the hope for millions--probably billions--of people during his ministry. Of course, I reconciled it using the typical JW "NT was written for the anointed" reasoning.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Bravo, Lance! Right to the point using the Bible.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Good point, OMGhost... This really bothered me in Gilead... if Paradise is such a key teaching, why do we depend on Jesus vague statement and Ps 37:29 as the basis for everything? It's because it's not a Bible teaching.

In the voice of Edward Current: "Checkmate, JW's...."

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Dammit!! I wish I could see this video!! Work has installed filters to prevent us from looking at them..

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Good job, A@G!

I like the way you stayed on target with your message.

It is amusing that people who don't produce videos have helpful suggestions about how you ought to promote THEIR message.

I'm not talking about Farkel here, but about those who want you to explain "salvation" and "ultimate destiny" or the reverend Moon's vital message for mankind or the Bahá'í path to spiritual unity.

Those people can make their own videos if their message is so important.

Your message is important, and you are getting it out.

Ignore people who want a free ride or a free lunch. I still think you need to have more robot battles and special effects in the background.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Thanks, Nathan. I get plenty of messages on YouTube including fan mail like:

"this guy is full of shit."

Of course, I seem to get more positive fan mail like this one:

"Swear to god, i go on your page every day! waiting for a new video! I even caught my mum on your page! (IVE NEVER MENTIONED YOU THO) meh makes you wonder... "

My vids are making people think, and that's all I can ask...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think why you might get a lot of lashing out by JWs is the fact that this gets at the heart of why they believe. When it comes down to it, JWs do what the Society tells them because they want Paradise. They have expectations from all this, and that's why they worship their god and follow their leaders. If you take Paradise away, they have absolutely no fucking reason to be there. THose who say "it's still the best way of life"--I believe are not being honest with themselves. The best way of life? Yeah. Right.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Good point DP. Losing faith in paradise and the ressurection hit me hard... but i am merely pointing out simple facts in the video... any JW would have a hard time refuting it.

After all, I have been trained in overcoming potential conversation stoppers, LOL

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

You obviously didn't get the memo, Lance.

The Society does not endorse independent research of this kind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit