New Video: Is "paradise earth" a Bible teaching?

by Awakened at Gilead 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Jehovah's Witnesses proclaim God's purpose to bring a paradise earth that will rid mankind of all of its problems. Sounds great, right? The only problem is that it's not based on the Bible. Follow the steps outlined in the video with your version of the WatchTower Library CD-ROM, and see for yourself: "paradise earth" does not appear in the Bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTiJVo5MhQ

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Just watched it. Excellent. Thank you.

NOTE: I have friends that are evangelical Christians who DO believe that one day (after a period of Heavenly life) their souls will be reunited with new bodies and they will live on a New Earth.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Cool video-nice style-keep up the good work!

Yes, born again Christians will have a new resurrection body 1 Corinthians 15, live in the New Jerusalem which comes down out of Heaven.

Revelation 21:2 (New International Version)

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Revelation 21:10 (New International Version)

10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

The dwelling will be on the new earth and not in heaven, not even the Father or Jesus will be there because we are all on the earth, see God comes down too to live with His people.

Revelation 21:3 (New International Version)

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

This was God's intention from the beginning. Here is the beginning and the end.

Genesis 2:8-9 (New International Version)

8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Revelation 22:1-2 (New International Version)

1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

All the best, Stephen

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

JW's cannot deny that "paradise earth" cannot be found in the Bible...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    JW's cannot deny that "paradise earth" cannot be found in the Bible...

Lance, I'm not disputing that. I was addressing a particular point/phrase in the video that seemingly implied that only JWs believe that Christians will one day live in a Paradise Earth.

So, I was just providing some details that I only recently learned.

In all my 23 years of knocking on doors, I nevere once met anyone other than JWs that talked about a Paradise earth. Your experience was probably the same. I was, therefore, shocked to learn that some Christians do indeed believe in such a thing.

-LWT

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Actually, LWT, I was surprised to learn when I was in Honduras in my missionary assignment, that Evangelical Christians believe that after 1000 years in heaven, they will come down to the "new earth" and live on it forever in a paradise. They have scriptures that are more convincing than JWs scriptures. This caused me to wonder about my own faith, and I saw the shaky ground that both camps are standing on. It was hard to defend our own paradise earth concepts when theirs seemed to be even closer to the Bible...

I know that there are a variety of beliefs about paradise. But I specifically address my vids to JW's: I say, "If you are a JW......" etc.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nice one Lance. I learned somethin.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The main issue is not even the labels used by the WT such as "paradise earth", "faithful and discreet slave" and even "Jehovah's witnesses" but the heretical teachings behind them.

Many of these labels are to distance JWs from the real church and make them feel 'special'. They do not even use the word "church", even though it is in the NT but create their own label "kingdom hall", once again to distance themselves.

Anyhow, wherever God lives with His people once evil has been removed, it will be paradise, that's for sure :)

All the best,

Stephen

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Please keep these videos comming. I have found them very useful.

elder-schmelder

• thomas15
    thomas15

Hello,

A lot could be said about what the evangelicals believe and there are several camps within this wagon train. In brief, those in the Dispensationalist camp believe that there is a distinct program for Israel and a distinct program for the Church. When the church period ends, it is removed and God resumes his program for the Jews, which has been placed on hold. There will be a period of tribulation, then Jesus returns to usher in the 1000 years of theocratic kingdom on earth. This kingdom has little resemblence to that of what the WT teaches and has a totally different purpose.

Meanwhile, the "dead In Christ" from the church age are given resurection bodies. Those church saints will rule with Jesus during the 1000 years. One thing the Dispensationalists believe and that is no knows the day or date that this will happen. After the 1000 years, there will be a new heaven and new earth (New Jerusalem).

It is interesting to note that the individual evangelical is not required to believe in a percise end times scenerio. The main thing to them is are you trusting in Jesus and in him alone for salvation. John Q public evangelical will not get into any trouble with his church for having a slightly different take on this. I have in my personal library books from most of the major writers in most of the different evangelical camps and while I know what I believe, I like to have a full knowledge of other thinkers and I would not be associated with a church that would raise question about my faith because I have these books. I say this as a believer (and new poster) who considers myself at the right end of conservative; that is, fundamental in theology-conservative in social and behavorial issues.

Hope this is helpful, Let me know if I can fill in some of the gaps, as there are many.

Tom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit