NWT & KIT Prove Jesus IS Jehovah!

by PanzerZauberei 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi all,

I think the real issues are

1. Is Jesus God i.e. eternal (without beginning and without end)?

2. Is the Holy Spirit a person?

3. Is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus?

IMHO there is multiple evidences for each statement in any bible (even in the NWT which I refuse to even call a "bible") and thus each are true.

Of course the WT say each are false and things get really contradictory and confusing, even reading the NWT.

All said, it is a matter of faith. The JWs have theirs and I have mine. No-one can "prove" what lies the other side of death or if the is a God. Personally, I am just following the summation of the evidence as I see it and even more importantly, what I feel in my spirit. That is difficult thing to quantify to those who don't have faith, but I believe if you start to exercise faith you will soon see.

These kind of statements are really hard for the disaffected ex-JWs and I quite understand why. So much damage has been done at the hands of the tyrannous WT and for many it is 'job done' i.e. they can't stand to even think about some of the concepts which have been twisted out of all proportion by the WT. Truth is falsehood in the WT hands, light is total darkness, evil is good and good is evil, fact is fiction and myth is fact.

That said many here are obviously still on the look out for God, what is true and such. My advise is it all starts and finishes with Jesus.

Anyhow, back to Trinity! As I said before, I wouldn't get to hung up on it, as Paul would says it is a mystery i.e. we can never fully understand it with our finite minds but we can appreciate it for what it is.

All the best,

Stephen

• sacolton
    sacolton

Thank you, Black Sheep. That sums it up perfectly. JEHOVAH is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Three seperate persons. The Father has NEVER been seen by anyone. Exodus 33 claims that no man can see God and live.

Examine ...

John 1:18

No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed him.

John 5:37-38

And the Father who sent me [Jesus] has Himself testified concerning me. You have NEVER HEARD HIS VOICE or SEEN HIS FORM, nor does His word dwell in you for you do not believe the one He sent.

Simply put, Abraham did not see the Father - he saw the Son. Jacob didn't wrestle with the Father - he wrestled with the Son.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Black Sheep,

In the way of your explanation, although it seems that you stick to "and", it does not guide to accurate knowledge. (about the Trinity)

There is the Governing Body of JW for you.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Do people become foolish if people leave from Jehovah's Witnesses?

When we were Jehovah's Witnesses, we refused the explanation which is not logical.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    "And I am not requiring at all that you should agree it."

I find it rather strange that you should say this after you have been very rude to posters who have disagreed with you.

I did not think that was the Japanese way.

Until I met you, I thought the Japanese were very polite.

In the way of your explanation, although it seems that you stick to "and", it does not guide to accurate knowledge. (about the Trinity)
    I have a very good knowledge of English grammar. This includes the use of the word 'and'. I learned the meaning of this word as a small child, as you did in Japanese. The word has not changed it's useage in any language.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    When we were Jehovah's Witnesses, we refused the explanation which is not logical.

I take offence to this statement.

That was not how it worked at all.

As a child of Jehovah's Witnesses I was forced to accept explanations that were not logical.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree!

Like the blind leading the blind saying "make sure you keep that blindfold on, the light is much brighter with it" and "you will loose you way if you take it off, only the org that puts the blindfold on knows where we are going".

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 8:12 (New International Version)
    12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." I wish JWs would make up their own mind who Jesus is and follow Him and His Spirit, not the WT. All the best, Stephen
  • possible-san
    possible-san

Black Sheep,

Do you judge people by a prejudice?

The Japanese are not everybody "yes-man."When your opinion is incorrect (wrong), I have to say it clearly.

First of all, the Japanese believe in Shinto and Buddhism.
    Or they are atheists.
    Most Japanese will not accept your explanation.

The word "and" is not necessarily the meaning that you always explain.
    (I cannot express exactly in English.
    In Japanese, ""and" wa kanarazushimo anata ga setsumei suru youna imi dewa nai.")

possible

• possible-san
    possible-san

Chalam.

"Blind guides" is you.

• sacolton
    sacolton
    Originally, I interpret the Scriptures entirely "symbolically" and "figuratively."

possible-san, how do you come to the conclusion what is "symbolically" and "figuratively" in the Bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit