NWT & KIT Prove Jesus IS Jehovah!

by PanzerZauberei 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthlover
    truthlover

I'll try this again

This question of Jesus and Jehovah being one does not make sense in light of the Bible.

Remember when Jesus goes to heaven, he sits on the RIGHT Hand of God, that is clear in many Bibles, Angels are made to bow to him, who makes them bow?? When the earth is cleansed, Jesus hands it back to Jehovah -- why hand it back if you are one and the same and its already in your possession???

Reference one of the Bible Web sites- Bible Gateway being one - and check out over 50 Bible translations -- dont refer to just the NWT and KIT, you are getting a narrow overview of the issue...

• sacolton
    sacolton

Ah, but remember Abraham and Joseph both SAW a Jehovah and we know that NOONE has seen the Father. So, there's a problem. Is the name JEHOVAH exclusive to just the Father?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi truthlover,

For some basics on the Trinity have a read here Trinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The thing to consider is that understanding God is beyond our limitations. For example, God always existed and always will-try and work that out? He knows all things, is all powerful and is present everywhere at once-try and fathom any one of those attributes?

So don't try and get your head fully around the Trinity either, just consider the verses, the teaching and move on.

God is not limited by our thinking or our understanding. He can be present in the Third Heaven in the form of The Father, be at the right hand of The Father bodily in His Son and be omnipresent by His Holy Spirit.

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here you go possible-san

Revelation 1

Revelation 21

Revelation 22

Look forward to the explanation about Jehovah using the same title (Alpha And Omega) as Jesus :)

All the best,

Stephen

• thomas15
    thomas15

In John 2:19 Jesus said "destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up..."

Acts 10:40 But God raised him on the third day, and made him appear to ...."

Who raised Jesus, Jesus or Jehovah?

• Chalam
    Chalam

The Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:11 (New International Version)

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Who is He then? The Spirit of Jesus

Galatians 4:6 (New International Version)

6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

And also the Father

Romans 8:14-16 (New International Version)

14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. [a] And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

All the best,

Stephen

• truthlover
    truthlover

So let me get this right, you are saying that Jehovah is Jesus!

Jehovah created Jesus, now we all know that from the Bible at Colossians chap 1, vss 15,16,17,18- Jesus is the image of the invisible God, FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION, through him ALL other things were Created. and.. you are saying that if Jehovah is Jesus, he deemed it a necessity to change his persona of a creator spirit creature?? and become infused in a woman via the Holy Spirit/Ghost to save imperfect humankind?? Does that make sense to you--- a creator of our galaxy, apparently millions of others, as scientists are now expounding, to do this himself when he has myriads of angels -not to mention archangels, at his command.. it makes sense Jehovah/Yahweh has a "right hand man" someone who did it all under his guidance and because things went terribly wrong, he (Jesus) had to come to earth to clean it up..

Jesus was called Mighty God, not Almighty God at Isaiah 9:6 KJV- he is a Prince - the Prince of Peace - notice he isnt the King of Peace and how is it that In Revelation we read of both Jesus and Jehovah?? Why did Jesus continually talk about his Father?

Now I know that over the centuries some scribes and copyists may have changed things slightly, and we have only copies of copies to go by as we read a bible compiled by the RC church way back when... but the scripture in Genesis when God said, LET US GO down indicates some kind of hierarchy was in play... and it wasnt Jehovahs witnesses who invented the name Jehovah - it is in the King James and many other bibles. So what if we call him Yahweh, so what, it still isnt Jesus! Two different names with two different meanings.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi truthlover,

My bible says this.

John 1
    The Word Became Flesh
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.

3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

I will do a commentary for you.

1-Jesus was there in the beginning. After all, He is the Alpha and the Omega, The First and The Last, The Beginning and the End. He was with God (The Father) and he is God as the verse says. Like Jesus says later in John "I am the Father are one". Also "if you have seen me you have seen the father".

2-Just in case we missed it, Jesus was there at the beginning of time.

3-Jesus made everything. No mention of Him making [other] things. The WT inserted that word in their NWT (by their own admission denoted with use of the brackets) and thus created false doctrine and heresy. Also they break Jesus' own warning in Revelation not to add words to the bible or take them away. As Genesis says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Who was that? John tells us-Jesus, He make it all.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

14-Yes, Jesus (God) became flesh, i.e. was born of a virgin by the Holy Spirit. See here

Matthew 1:23 (New International Version) "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."

Does that make sense to my finite mind? No. Do I believe it to be true by God's word and revelation of His Holy Spirit? Yes. I stake my everlasting life on it.

Yes, Jesus is called Mighty God. But who is this?

Isaiah 10:20-21 (American Standard Version)

20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and they that are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again lean upon him that smote them, but shall lean upon Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

21 A remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

What else does Isaiah call Jesus?

Everlasting Father! No surprise as Jesus and the Father are one.

How about Wonderful Counselor?

Who is the Counselor? Jesus' Spirit.

John 14:16-18 (New International Version)

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Why did Jesus talk to His Father?

Philippians 2:6-7 (New International Version)

6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

Yes, the names have two different meanings but they are synonymous, as is the Holy Spirit's (The Spirit of Jesus and the Father), see here.

Matthew 28:19 (New International Version)

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Anyhow, hope that answers some question. No doubt it will raise some more.

All the best,

Stephen

• possible-san
    possible-san

Chalam,

I said like this.
    "You are a foul fellow."

You have replied nothing to my post.
    And you shift a talk.

You will change topic and will only question me one after another, even if I answer to you sincerely.
    You are a cunning person like the Watch Tower society.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi possible-san,

With respect, you haven't answered my first question in any of your replies. So here it is again.

"So how can Jehovah be the Alpha and The Omega and also Jesus? Please explain?"

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit