NWT & KIT Prove Jesus IS Jehovah!

by PanzerZauberei 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Panzer....Here is what they said in 1980, implying that Lipsius' depiction of execution on a stake is a representation of Christ's death:

*** w80 2/15 p. 30 Insight on the News ***

Whether the wooden sculpture is the work of the 16th-century artist Michelangelo or not, it illustrates that the impalement of Christ on a cross frame has not always been so certain as Christendom’s leaders today would have people believe. For example, the 16th-century Roman Catholic scholar Justus Lipsius illustrated impalement on an upright stake in his book “De Cruce Liber Primus.” This fits the meaning of the Greek word used in the Bible to describe the impalement of Christ...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi possible-san,

Romans 10:9 itself does not prove that Jesus is Jehovah.

I must say I disagree. Examine these verses.

Isaiah 45:21-23 (American Standard Version)

21 Declare ye, and bring it forth; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath showed this from ancient time? who hath declared it of old? have not I, Jehovah? and there is no God else besides me, a just God and a Saviour; there is none besides me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.

23 By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Philippians 2:10 (English Standard Version)

10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth

Are we going to bow down to Jesus or Jehovah? There is only one God.

In addition, the view "Jesus is Jehovah" is not related to the Trinity doctrine.

Once again, I humbly but fervently disagree. "Jesus is Jehovah" is two thirds of the Trinity already. Here is the whole Trinity in one verse.

Matthew 28:19 (New International Version)

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Notice how it says "name" and not "names"? The only conclusion is that each name is synonymous with the other.

All the best,

Stephen

• possible-san
    possible-san

It is better not to shift the talk.

Therefore, I said like this.
    "Romans 10:9 itself does not prove that Jesus is Jehovah."

Chalam,
    I think that such a way is foul.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK try these for size...

Revelation 1:8 (New International Version)

8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 22:12-13 (New International Version)

12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

All the best,

Stephen

• possible-san
    possible-san

I say once again.

"I think that such a way is foul."

It is better not to use a foul means.

• Chalam
    Chalam

So how can Jehovah be the Alpha and The Omega and also Jesus? Please explain?

• possible-san
    possible-san

The time of now of Japan is a morning.

I'll answer later.

Well, I say to you once again.

"I think that such a way is foul."
    It is better not to use a foul means.

You are a foul fellow.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Chalam,
    Since I do not speak English, please consent my strange English.

I feel that the way of your argument is foul.

PanzerZauberei described Romans 10:9.
    Therefore, I made reference about it.You are trying to shift "point of argument" from there.

Although I do not know where you quote the Scriptures from, you should show a link.
    In order that people can examine that context.

About Isaiah 45 (ASV), it has written as follows.
    http://asvbible.com/isaiah/45.htm

Isaiah 45:20 has stated as follows. (The part which you have not quoted)

20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that carry the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

We should take this context into consideration, when interpreting the verses 21-23.

And about Philippians 2:10 (ESV), why did you disregard the following verse?
    It is written there as follows.

(Php 2:10) so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

(Php 2:11) and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And about this Scripture (Php 2:11), it is as follows by another translation.

[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of {Yahweh} the Father.

http://www.christolog.com/NT_Philippians.html

Well, in the argument which I am having now, I have not denied the Trinity.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• sacolton
    sacolton

Stephen prayed directly to Jesus before being killed. "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" ... consider Ecclesiastes 12:7 "then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it." It will return to who? Stephen is asking who to receive his spirit? There is no doubt who Stephen thought Jesus is. Isn't it odd that Stephen didn't pray to Jehovah? That's because Jehovah = Jesus. Jesus IS NOT the Father.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

foul (foul)

adj. foul·er, foul·est 1. Offensive to the senses; revolting. 2. Having an offensive odor; smelly. 3. Rotten or putrid: foul meat. 4. a. Full of dirt or mud; dirty. See Synonyms at dirty. b. Full of impurities; polluted: foul air. 5. Morally detestable; wicked: foul deeds. 6. Of a vulgar or obscene nature: foul language. 7. Very disagreeable or displeasing; horrid: a foul movie. 8. Bad or unfavorable: in fair weather or foul. 9. Violating accepted standards or rules; dishonorable: used foul means to gain power. 10. a. Sports Contrary to the rules of a game or sport: a foul boxing punch. b. Baseball Outside the foul lines: a foul fly ball. 11. Entangled or twisted: a foul anchor. 12. Clogged or obstructed; blocked: a foul ventilator shaft. 13. Archaic Ugly; unattractive. n. 1. Abbr. F a. Sports An infraction or a violation of the rules of play. b. Baseball A foul ball. 2. An entanglement or a collision. 3. An instance of clogging or obstructing. adv. In a foul manner. v. fouled, foul·ing, fouls v.tr. 1. To make dirty or foul; pollute. See Synonyms at contaminate. 2. To bring into dishonor; besmirch. 3. To clog or obstruct. 4. To entangle or catch (a rope, for example). 5. Nautical To encrust (a ship's hull) with foreign matter, such as barnacles. 6. a. Sports To commit a foul against. b. Baseball To hit (a ball) outside the foul lines. v.intr. 1. To become foul. 2. a. Sports To commit a foul. b. Baseball To hit a ball outside the foul lines: fouled twice and then struck out; fouled out to the catcher. 3. To become entangled or twisted: The anchor line fouled on a rock. 4. To become clogged or obstructed. Phrasal Verbs: foul out Sports To be put out of a game for exceeding the number of permissible fouls. foul up To blunder or cause to blunder because of mistakes or poor judgment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit