Watchtower defense of NGO status in the UN

by Psychotic Parrot 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

This may have been dealt with before. On this site the JW's defend their NGO status in the 1990's. It smells of cover up but i wouldn't mind seeing someone go through it and point out the pros and cons in their arguments as i'm having trouble knowing what to believe and what not to right now.

Thanks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

At the heart of this matter is the Double Standard that Watchtower has, not to mention the Hypocrisy regarding their view of the UN.

If a rank and file JW were to join a church to have access to their library or join the YMCA to swim in their pool, they would be disfellowshipped. Moreover, the Watchtower speaks of the UN in the most vile language imaginable.

Give this a read...

http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/un.htm

-LWT

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

Parrot,

Simply read the letter that the NGO section of the DPI put out in regards to the Watchtower and their association.....it is the first scan in the link provided in the previous post.

The DPI would have no reason to lie, they would be easily ousted if they were to lie. Here is what they said, "By accepting association with the DPI, the organization agreed to meat criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations"

They simply have no reason to lie about this.

How can the Watchtower support something that it opposes soooo much.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

The trouble is my father, he seems to think that the Watchtower were justified in what they did and convincing him otherwise is like trying to repoduce with a cabbage. He takes the Watchtower's word for it on everything and in this case seems to think that the watchtower denied ever being an NGO at all, but instead were using the UN library for years already (true) only to stop using it (false) when it became necessary to become an NGO to keep using the library (never happened). The thing is, the Watchtower never even made such a claim, rather than denying being an NGO they attempted to justify the fact that they became one (with lies). When i asked him to find the Watchtower article that made this claim (that they were never an NGO) he simply brushed me aside.

I actually feel shame for being related to him :(

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It was a deceivingly hidden hypocrisy that they tried to get away with to serve their own purposes and needs and you can bet whoever

signed them up wasn't reprimanded.

Since the GB are so high up in the social stature of the JWS, they get treated quite differently than the rank and file.

The UN policy or doctrinal pronouncement that they portray is one of their stupidest and nonsensical .

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

So why did they become an NGO? Do we know the real reason yet?

• choosing life
    choosing life

One reason might have been to further their tax exempt status and acceptance as a religion rather than a cult in other countries.

They said that the jws in one country could freely accept blood transfusions (conscience decision), in order to get accepted as a religion in that country. Sorry, can't remember which country. Hungary maybe?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Hi PP, The WTS uses the excuse that they joined to have access to thier Library. Guess what? They never had to join to have access. Anyone up till 9/11 could use the Library without joining the UN. After 9/11 this changed. One of our members emailed the UN about this and got an email back explaining this in detail. Her name on the forum is Blueyedblonde. If you can't get ahold of this email from her, just PM your email to me and I will send you a copy of the email from the UN. Hope this helps.

The Claw

• My Struggle
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m told anyone can go to any USA library and order a book to be borrowed,from the UN library..No UN library Card is needed.....................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit