Watchtower defense of NGO status in the UN

by Psychotic Parrot 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

"Oh wait, they are the wild beast of Revelation 17. I am sure that they would totally make this up to make JW's look bad, right? Right?"

Believe it or not, my dad DID actually say that the UN would make it up just to make the Watchtower look bad, and that they hate the Watchtower & are there mainly to take them down.

Sometimes i really do question his sanity :(

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Exactly, Oompa.

There would be no need to quit being an NGO, if being an NGO were a good thing in Watchtower land.

They were caught red-handed being hypocrites, and they slunk away in shame.

-LWT

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Hi Psychotic Parrot,

Welcome to the board. I got the same answer from a sister who stopped by a few years ago, "that the UN was lying to make the witnesses look bad." As if the UN give a rat's ass.

FreeFallin

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

You should also research the thread on this board, Which shows the transalation of the explanation given to elders in Portugal who enquired about it, and how that contrasts with the one dished out to the english-speaking world.

HB

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bookmarked, and hello and welcome, Psychotic Parrot!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think Farkel hit the nail on the head !

Please reread his post and think about it for a second, his explanation sounds the most probable and likely.

If it was true that they didn't need to be an NGO to use the UN library there must have been an other motive.

Of course they would have to recede the association fearing it might go public and it did in a big way thanks to the inter-net.

There is indeed corruption at the top of the Tower !

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

"I got the same answer from a sister who stopped by a few years ago, "that the UN was lying to make the witnesses look bad." As if the UN give a rat's ass."

-FreeFallin

--------------------------

It's so infuriating isn't it. These people actually believe that they are the centre of some great conspiracy. My dad uses the reasoning that 'some scientists are deceitful people who don't want to admit accountability to God' to disregard evolution. I mean, fair enough if you don't want to believe evolution, but at least analyse it for what it is, not just the credentials of 'some' of those who support it. His reasoning on the U.N is just plain stupid though, it hurts me to think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit