New QFR on May 1 WT reaffirms 1914 and talks about Satan's ouster from Heaven

by stillajwexelder 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I would think the outbreak of WWI is a sure confirmation that the Prince of Peace has arrived!

Now...who came here first in 1914...Satan or Jesus?

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

Apostates may riducule 1914 but just as the little boy has a vivid imagination he also is known for jealousy in that he envies the other boy that has a better toy or thing. He conspires to get that thing and cries like a baby when such attainment is impossible. Apostaes are just like that other boy. They are jealous of the FDS and its teachings, the understanding and interest in prophecy, their evangelization, their faith and relationship with God.

Such enemies and critics have no eschatology, no concept that any prophecy in the Bible have a fulfillment in modern times for all that they have is history, dead history which can only be awakened by prophecy or the prophetic word.

scholar JW

• oompa
    oompa
    WTleaver:
    Oompa,
    When they drop 1914, get back to me.
    -LWT

it has already started WTL...and i will let you know when it happens if i am not dead....but prob will be.........now where is that thread that shows how many times 1914 used to appear every year or decade and it was in the hundreds and now it is maybe in the dozens.....i was kinda surprised that they did the article referred to.....the longer they go between mentioning it.....the less dubs will think about it and then the ones that heard it often will be dead and how stoopid that it was over a decade before rutherford or some other nut decided the war must have been a sign of the START of the END when their whole frikkin prophecy was that 1914 would be the end of those horrible times they were living in....now where they hey are those WT quotes i need that say that in the pre-1014 WT's??...........oomps

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Leolaia is completely correct on this one.

Sure the Watchtower bailed on 1874 but that was because it was changing identites. I think that's what most of you who think that 1914 is going away seem to miss. Rutherford connected his own personal history with the organization (1914-1919) to a (somewhat) cohesive narritave that now defines who the Watchtower is.

I think it's also better to understand the 'Bible Students' movement as being separate from the 'Jehovah's Witness' movement created by Rutherford. Rutherford created a brand new religion out of the pieces he inherited through the corporation. The traditions of Rutherford are still very strong inside the organization, the traditions of Russell are not.

The discontinuation of 1874 can be seen as an extention of Rutherfords discontinuation of Russell. On the other hand, Rutherfords discontinuation of 1925 was simply a change in the face of humiliating evidence (e.g. Rutherfords "I made an ass out of myself" comment). Not all discontinued Watchtower dates are created equal in my opinion.

Each sucessive generation of Watchtower leaders have built upon the Rutherford (not Russell) model. The Rutherford model has been in place for a much longer peroid of time and has been influential over millions of more people. It is at the core of who the Watchtower has become. It's not going anywhere. It's importance may not be heavily discussed as in Knorr or Franzs' day but it is still alive and well.

• Gladring
    Gladring

As I recall things, the whole reason that WW1 kicked off was that Satan was cast down and started to create a fuss. If he wasn't cast out until 1918, then who started WW1???

I'm being brief, but that's how I remember the teachings.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Scholar,

Apostates would not be able to ridicule the WT on their 1914 if they never taught it. I guess us apostates just make this stuff up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scholar..Apostates may riducule 1914 ..You don`t have to be an apostate to know 1914 means nothing...........................................but just as the little boy has a vivid imagination he also is known for jealousy in that he envies the other boy that has a better toy or thing..1914 is a joke..You`ll need something funnier..LOL!!................................................... He conspires to get that thing and cries like a baby when such attainment is impossible...no one can own 1914,it`s gone..Just like most of your brain cells!................................................................. Apostaes..You have to learn to spell before you can pretend your a scholar,or no one will believe you!..LOL!!........................................... are just like that other boy. They are jealous of the FDS and its teachings,..No one is jealous of the FDS or anything the WBT$ teach`s,it`s all Bullsh*t!!..................................... the understanding and interest in prophecy, their evangelization, their faith and relationship with God.

Such enemies ..Disagree with the WBT$ and you become an Enemy..Ya,we already know that.............................................................and critics have no eschatology, no concept that any prophecy in the Bible have a fulfillment in modern times for all that they have is history, dead history which can only be awakened by prophecy or the prophetic word...You mean like "Armageddon by 1975"..Or.."The Generation of 1914 will not pass away"..The WBT$ no longer teach`s either of those 2 doctrines any more..If they did..They would appear as intellegent as you..LOL!!

scholar JW(The guy that needs to learn how to spell)

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Oompa,

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

You're talking theoretical, I'm talking real-world.

They published an article in the May 2009 Watchtower, re-inforcing how important 1914 is. I'm not exactly sure what additional evidence would be required to illustrate my position.

Maybe I'm just a disagreeable, obstinate dork, though. Please don't hurt me.

-LWT

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

They will never get rid of 1914. They will continue to focus less on it and eventually finally admit that Jesus didn't become king in 1914, an embarrassingly obvious point to everyone except JWs ('emperors new clothes'). But it will always be taught as the starting point for the 'last days' and the 'composite sign'.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is one of the longest lasting results of WW1! Because of that coincidence they will I doubt they will ever let 1914 go completely. It's like a lie told so many times, the teller cmes to believe it himself. But 1914 will cost them as time goes on. And they MAY change it's significance, like they did after the fact with 1874.

Isaac Carmignani

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit