New QFR on May 1 WT reaffirms 1914 and talks about Satan's ouster from Heaven

by stillajwexelder 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No matter how stupid, they can not drop 1914 - far too embarassing

• yknot
    yknot

Ahhhh the delusional world of a wannabe Woodworth ........Gene Smalley.......

I wonder who will die first Ted or Gene?

Will the QFR still exist after one of their deaths......

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's kind of like when a small boy with an overactive imagination makes up a tall tale and comes to believe it, and then after he grows up it does not seem as tenable as it did when he was young — in fact there are people who can check the facts and prove that the story is fiction — but the young man will doggedly stick to his story because it has now become part of his identity and who he is.

1914 isn't just about chronology and religious dogma; it is part of the Watchtower Society's history and identity. The Society gained its sense of what it is from the events of 1918 and 1919 and its own self-glorifying recollection of them. If 1914 can no longer be tenably associated with eschatological doctrine, it can still be related to the Society's history in some way as an "important date". It may end up a shrunken vestige of its former self, but I suspect 1914 will never be completely let go.

• yknot
    yknot

1914 will be buried for several decades and then quietly discarded...... if the WTS survives long enough.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

1975 was one thing, 1914 is another story. Do they even have a choice but hold onto 1914? Despite what they have learned from their mistake in "alluding" to 1975, and able to cover their ass with "we never said it", how could there be any going back on 1914? They have thousands (guessing) of direct statements regarding that date. They have almost 5 years to whip up a frenzy, and a lot of people who show up at the memorial still. I think/know there are a LOT of people that are df'd that are still "shut off" to the facts, and have the "society is right, but i can't help but be a bad person" outlook. Maybe they could grow if they did it right. You think?

lurk3r

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

If World War had never broken out I am sure 1914 would have been dropped by now. Instead it is the one thing I believe they will cling to because of the events that happened on the world stage that year, it's nice and convenient to link your authority to such a momentous time in history.

• yknot
    yknot

All it would take to drop 1914, 1918-1919 is time....... and dead silence in the publications and from the platform.

IF you think I am wrong then consider the last time a JW preached pyramidology, 1874 and 1878?

Such is the stuff of "noo-light" is made of..........

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

When you try and fit the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ from 1914, (this according to jws), not forgetting the whole of the creative days, when you try and arrive at a simultaneous time at the end, it gets a bit confusing.

KT

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What is the question in the QFR? Are they asking whether the 1914 teaching is still valid?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Maybe they should borrow from the writings of E-Watchman\Robert King\YouKnow. He rejects the 1914 doctrine as well as the related stuff like 1918-19, appointment of the FDS over all of Jesus' belongings etc yet believes the WT is God's organization. Apparently many who post on his site agree with him regarding 1914 but still believe the Watchtower is God's org. Maybe the Watchtower should take a page out his book, and use a similiar method in getting rid of the 1914 teaching, but maintain their authority and claims to be God's organization.

Agape Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit