New QFR on May 1 WT reaffirms 1914 and talks about Satan's ouster from Heaven

by stillajwexelder 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

cawshun

That is not the point. The fact of 1914 is part of biblical eschatology terminating the biblical 'Gentile Times and grounded in the facts of modern history. Apostates simply ridicule eschatology just as the Apostle Peter foretold and what is worse they have no eschatology of their making. It is far wiser to first have an eschatology at hand before criticizing another's point of view.

scholar JW

• yknot
    yknot

Scholar couldn't a Mormon make a somewhat similar argument for Sept 21, 1823 (please note unlike Rutherford's communications with angels Smith had 9 people claim to have seen his golden plates as eye witnesses)?

1914 as the establishment of Jesus' enthronement wasn't even introduced until 1922.

I think the younger GB are starting to have a similar feeling as Rutherford's did when he wanted to be unburdened by the Laodicean Messenger's mantle. They have already jettisoned 1935 and the generation. If the main point is to survive and thrive as an organization then mainstreaming some would be the easiest and most profitable route.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scholar..That is not the point...Actually..Yes it is..LOL!!.........................................The fact of 1914..1914 is not a fact..Just like "The generation of 1914 will not pass away" is not a fact..Now it`s just New Light(A Lie!)..LOL!!.......................is part of biblical eschatology..Eschatology:"The part of Christian theology concerned with the last things,often summarized as death,judgment,heaven and hell..It refers to the ultimate fate of both the individual and of human society.....The WBT$ could`nt figure out the ultimate fate of the Generation of 1914..The WBT$ certainly can`t figure out the fate of all of humanity..They are just too stupid!!.....The WBT$ no longer believes the generation of 1914 will not pass away..The WBT$ is Apostate to thier own doctrines!!..LOL!!.................................................terminating the biblical 'Gentile Times and grounded in the facts of modern history...What facts are those..The WBT$ is always wrong?..LOL!!............................................................Apostates simply ridicule eschatology..As I`ve already pointed out..The WBT$ is Apostate to their own beliefs,they once preached as Gospel..The WBT$ lies!!..LOL!!................................................just as the Apostle Peter foretold The Apostle Paul never mentions the WBT$,or the people who rightfully laugh at them............................................and what is worse they have no eschatology of their making. ..Normal people don`t pretend to know about the ultimate fate of humanity..Normal people don`t listen to fools like the WBT$ who have been consistantly wrong 100% of the time!!...................................................It is far wiser to first have an eschatology at hand ..Its far wiser to listen to the WBT$ who have proven time and time again they don`t know what the hell they are talking about?..LOL!!................................................before criticizing another's point of view...Actually we are just laughing at you..Both you and the WBT$ are so Redicules,no critisim is necesarry..LOL!!

scholar JW(The guy who listens to the Organization that is always wrong!..The WBT$!!)

Laughing Mutley

• oompa
    oompa
    WTleaving: Maybe I'm just a disagreeable, obstinate dork, though. Please don't hurt me.

LOL...hurt you???.......we agree way more than not...i just feel if they have pulled this shit before...they can do it again........i hate that peoples memories are so frikkin short.......oomps

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

They were much more careful about 1975. There are few written statements at all and none that flat out SAY that the end WILL be here in 1975 not so 1914. They have made it not one of but THE cornerstone of their religion. They can't lose it...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Holy crap, is scholar back? I thought he died from lack of oxygen related to having his head up his ass?

• hotspur
    hotspur

This would have more validity if, in fact, 2520 day/years had a more solid foundation. It should be remembered that to arrive at 1914 you have to start at 606 BCE - sorry, 607 BCE. I forgot that if you want to keep 1914 as THE year you have to 'move' the beginning if you later find a mistake in your calculations. In reality, the fall of Jerusalem has to have the same importance as 1914 - if one is wrong the other, also, has to be by default!

It amazes me that the WTS is the only organisation, body (whatever you may want to call them) which holds to the idea that Jerusalem fell in 607 BCE. Given that, by extrapolation, they have the 'truth' of 1914.

With that historical background and it's inaccuracy it scares me that they hang on so tenaciously to 1914 as such a pivotal date. Grrrr!

• Borgia
    Borgia

Why do you need a QFR to talk about a basic tenure of your faith that is perfectly explained elsewhere......like in "the bible really teach"- book......

I would be interested in seeing a scan of the article: it's exact question and answer.....

Cheers

Borgia

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

1914 is going to be a big embarrassment when 2035 gets here and nothing happens. I guess they are really putting the squeeze on how close they are to the end (as they have been doing ever since this cancer first developed in the 1870s).

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

COJ's book, The Gentile Times Reconsidered, is a must-read for anyone that thinks 607 is anything other than a date pulled out of Fred Franz's butt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit