Hello from Jabberwock

by jabberwock 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around here for a few months and I'm really excited about participating in some of the discussions. I have already enjoyed several late nights and early mornings catching up on some of the older posts.

When I first came across a link to this board my hand trembled as I held an outstretched finger just above the mouse button not quite sure whether I was prepared to go past what seemed to me to be the point of no return. The first few times my courage came up short, but as you can see I got here eventually. It might seem to be a simple thing to do for many, but it was not a year ago that such a simple thing would've seemed to me to be utterly unthinkable.

Though I'm still physically in the Kingdom Hall two days out of the week my mind is completely removed. While I'm still working out the details, my beliefs now bear little resemblance to those of the others in my congregation or even to those of anyone else I know.

All of this has happened so quickly. I'm still reeling from it all and that's why I'm glad to be here.

jabberwock

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Welcome Jabberwock! Nice to see you here. You will get a lot of support for your feelings here.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome! You've come a long way in a short time.

We're here for ewe

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi jabberwock - welcome to JWN

When I first came across a link to this board my hand trembled as I held an outstretched finger just above the mouse button not quite sure whether I was prepared to go past what seemed to me to be the point of no return. The first few times my courage came up short, but as you can see I got here eventually.

me too. Glad you persisted.

ql

• villabolo
    villabolo

"It might seem to be a simple thing to do for many"

No Jabberwock it has not been simple for many of us. We're just here to ease the pain and make it more tolerable. Welcome.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I went through the same thing Jabberwock. It took years to get over. Welcome.

Isaac

• Earnest
    Earnest

Welcome, but are you the one my mother told me to beware of ?

• Emma
    Emma

"When I first came across a link to this board my hand trembled as I held an outstretched finger just above the mouse button not quite sure whether I was prepared to go past what seemed to me to be the point of no return. "

Me, too, but I'm so glad I did! The next thing that took courage was reading "Crisis of Conscience" but it, too, was liberating.

Welcome!!!

• outofservice
    outofservice

Welcome

I am new too. You have found a great group of caring people. They have been there and can understand your feelings.

OutofService

• cawshun
    cawshun

Jabberwock, welcome and I'm so happy you had the courage to check this place out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit