So let me get this straight

by TheICE 69 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

Iceman,

You have the mind set that the WT love's. Stick with them, you'll fit in perfect!

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome to JWN!

Curious ICE what exactly do you hope to gain from associating with us?

What can we on JWN do for you?

I agree with My Struggle comments that for Christians the only 'true religion' is Jesus being the Christ.

The rest my dear ICE is interpretation and policy..(and that goes for all denominations)

The WTS fell victim to the very things it once spoke out against and for he very same reasons...... greed, power, influence and men who are unwilling to admit err.

Again welcome JWN!

• avishai
    avishai

>>>religion gives people HOPE, that there is something better then this wicked system, go to cnn.com and look at world events on how bad they are its worse now than it has ever been.<<<<<

I suggest w/ all your eddycayshun that ya look up the 14th century. Then come back with the same answer....

• parakeet
    parakeet

"So let me get this straight ...... "

You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up .......

• Borgia
    Borgia

i have recieved a bs degree

Unquote

My questions are about bs degree. What's that? Bull Shit? Or did you sent 100 $ to a certain guy, so you could "receive" a bs degree?

what other religion is there that is as moral as a jw?

Unquote

To answer you question.....None. You sentence is total bullshit and makes no sense!

Cheers

Borgia

• wobble
    wobble

Now the board is open again,I was hoping we would get someone like Ice having a pop,I suspect he may really be an invention by someone on here,nobody is really that cultish after reading a little on here,surely?(The clue is the bad spelling and grammer,just like good old Reniaa)

It may be time to ask for JW Apologists to state their case again,it is such fun to see the lack of evidence,scriptural back-up,and cogent thought that they spout.

Love

Wobble

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If (and that's a big IF ) IceBaby has been on all those boards and chatrooms this board should be of no surprise

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I don't know why... but I get a hint of African GB Member here.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yo ice i remember you from about.com as well. welcome to the board.

if you read anything that has been posted here you will see that everyone has a different story. some of us were dfed, but many many more of us realized that it was a whitewashed grave full of old mens bones. some of us cant leave because we will lose our family and that is important to us, and others of us took our stand once we found out that the only so called "true" religion has consistantly done everything that they point their self righteous fingers at other religions for doing, and we left and lost our familys.

read whats posted here and take 50% of it for exaggeration................ you should still be able to see through the bull that the watchtower spouts given enough time.

we know, we have all been there. it takes some of us longer to see reality than others. we all struggled with the same conditioned responses that were programmed into us while at the meetings.

as for what is the "true" religion........ well that is a hard one to nail down. the bible says when two or more meet in his name............ i personally would suggest that you do some expiramentation since they cant df you till you get reinstated. go check out a few churches with an open mind, i would look for the nondenominational ones at first. go there with an honest curiosity and dont let the judgemental jw thats still deep inside you stick his nose up in the air. just honestly see how they worship god, you will find all different types of churches out there. whats really amazeing about them is the fact that they only have to answer to ONE person....... and thats god himself. there will be no writeing to bethel and looking up bogus bound volumes to find out how to deal with someone. they approach people lovingly trying to actually help them instead of rushing to kick them out.

are other religions as bogus as the watchtower...... yeah some are. but what you have to do is learn to question EVERYTHING that you were taught before as a jw. open your eyes and try to see it from two viewpoints...... the people going to whichever church you find yourself in......... and gods........ is he proud of them,

when i travel i still go to churches and laugh at how crazy they seem to be to me, but the fact remains that i have found more churches that are great than i have that truely seemed silly to me.

then of course there is the other opinion that you will find here. the opinions of those who no longer beleve in any sort of organized religion, who can say which one of us is correct? it all comes down to what you find in the bible, and i would suggest you throw the nwt in the garbage and get a NIV or an american standard so you can read the real bible and not one that is designed to reinforce a publishing companies policys.

i hope that you stay here and read all the different negative experiences that have been had by people at the hands of the wt. i will give you one perfect truth........ if you are truely trying to do gods will, then you will be looking out for everyones common good, and you wont attempt to mislead or manipulate them because you want whats best for them. you wont intentionally misquote noted scholars in an effort to make them support your opinons, you wont be afraid to publicly admit when your wrong and you will run to change things for the better should they be pointed out to you.............. other religions do this and after they get the egg off their face they get respect for coming clean........... all the jws do is deny and deny and oh we never said that.......

there are many of us in various stages of hurt from the wt, some of us are raw and really freshly hurt, others of us have gotten over a great deal so we arent as sensitive to things. others still have never been a part of it because they either saw through it from the beginning or they came into contact via a loved one. here you will see the whole spectrum of what the watchtower does to people.

come here with an open mind and you will be surprized and shocked and plain old pissed off.

so i say enjoy yourself.

• LouBelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit