Name Some Weird/Strange JW Beliefs

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Gays and lesbians choose that identity.

• dismayed
    dismayed

That Jehovah handed over the reigns to Jesus, who then had a "war" in heaven with Satan. It took a while for Jesus to win. Finally, he won and sent Satan and his crew to the earth. Then Jesus decided to kick back and have a few cold ones (95+ years and counting) so as to let Satan and his demons wreak havoc on all of humanity.

Oh, and that Jesus picked an obscure group of professed Christians very early on during this process and continued to allow them to proclaim false dates for Armageddon, all the while approving of their form of worship while planning on how to exterminate the other 7 billion heathens here on earth.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That reading the Wactower and Asleep magazine and attending 5 hours of bullshxt sessions

a week is equivalent to a college education.

• undercover
    undercover

nicolaou hit it right off...

Living forever on a paradise earth...the key part being living forever.

I mean, we actually believed that we might not die...can you believe that? Now is that not the weirdest? Now other religions may teach life after death, or changing in a twinkling of an eye and all that, but we actually looked forward to not growing old or dying. We thought that our reward was right around the corner and we would enter a New System, grow younger and never experience old age and death.

It boggles my mind, looking back on how I was so gullible to believe such bullshit.

• minimus
    minimus

....that the whole book of Revelation is symbolic except when it comes to the number 144,000. All other numbers are symbolic but this one.

• undercover
    undercover

you're right minimus...

Where do you get 144,000

From Revelation

Doesn't it say they should be virgins?

That's symbolic

How do you know the number 144,000 isn't symbolic

We just know

How do you know

Because

Because how?

Just because...

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

:Farkel, can you please explain "the Christ" again. Who or what is supposed to be??

http://books.google.com/books?id=jFDi5jGsyV8C&pg=PA161&lpg=PA161&dq=The+Mystery+Doctrine+Jehovah's+witnesses&source=bl&ots=Qr4C-rzKjT&sig=Tb70x0qT2wnT88uIw0Hi76zx214&hl=en&ei=6ni5SeOCPYKEsAOnwrA2&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA165,M1

You'll have to cut and paste this link, and you may need to zoom in on the document, but here is a whole chapter explaining it, together with relevant WTS quotes.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

They believe that those who leave 'the truth' do so because they cannot adhere to God's standards.

It makes my f***ing blood curl when rubbadubs come out with that s**t. "You just don't want to be accountable!"

Er... no, actually i just want the real truth, not 'the truth' with a tm sign tagged onto it. Dubs need to start analysing what they believe to see why people leave, not demonize them for not being able to follow their pointless rules or keep up with the endless BORING meetings, ministry & other such bullshite.

I think we should all start being really nice to the dubs, cause let's face it, they hate that! It's the combined persecution (they just LOVE to be persecuted, the sadists) that binds them together & reinforces their bogus faith. If we start being nice as pie to them then maybe they'll start to question things & wonder why they're not being treated with contempt like Jesus the watchtower said they will.

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

Before Noah's day there way no rain falling from the sky and the earth was surrounded by a floating ocean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit