Name Some Weird/Strange JW Beliefs

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Name one that's not.

• Ohio Nana
    Ohio Nana

As one who only studied first is the "demon thing" and when the lady doiing my study brought it up I looked at her to see if she was kidding but no she was serious.Then the discreet slave thing.I should have left then but no I kept on studing thinking that there was something wrong with me that I didn't get it.I think some would believe anything that came from WTS.So much makes no sense at all now that I look back at it.I just thought of another crazy that when you go to a convention you have to stay where they tell you and can't stay at any unauthorized hotel. I got in trouble for questioning that one!!!!!

O.N.

• trebor
    trebor

Blood "fractions" ...It's what tipped the scales for me!

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Name Some Weird/Strange JW Beliefs

The "Mystery Doctrine" is as strange as it gets. It was first promulgated by Chuck Russell, stuffed under the sofa by Grudge Rutherford and later resurrected by Freddie Franz. It, among all doctrines of the WTS shows the incomprehensible and monumental egos of Watchtower leaders.

Simply stated, it is this: There is "Christ" as in Jesus Christ. No problem. Then there is "The Christ", which is different from merely Christ or Christ Jesus. The "head" of "The Christ" is Jesus. The "body" of "The Christ" is the 144,000! Together, they make up "The Christ" and "The Christ" cannot exist without the 144,000.

Under this doctrine, the WTS hasn't just inserted themselves into the highest human positions possible, they have MADE themselves PART of mankind's savior and mediator, which in effect (according to John 1:1, NWT) has made them "gods!"

I swear I am not making this up. Freddie even mentioned this doctrine in one of his later Revelation books. I believe it was the Grand Climax book, which is appropriate, because that's probably what Freddie had everytime he thought of himself as a real part of "The Christ."

Ed Gruss has written exensively on this subject, and has dozens and dozens of relevant WTS quotes to prove it.

Farkel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They worship an invisible sky god that no one has ever seen.

Angels need wings so they can fly in they sky, er, I mean "Heaven".

Snakes can talk.

Unicorns exist.

Real flying Dragons exist.

Enoch no longer exists but never actually died or went to heaven.

They have no clergy but have no problem with elders claiming Clergy Privilege in court.

In 1918 Jehover decided they had "the truth" despite the fact that they now reject 99% of what they taught in 1918.

• VIII
    VIII

"Worldlies"

No birthdays

Getting DFd for smoking (Would Jesus really, truly cut someone off and shun them for smoking?! WTF?!)

"Evil Slaves"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Name Some Weird/Strange JW Beliefs.....Jehovah`s Witness`s believe they are right!..LOL!!

Laughing MutleyOUTLAW

• villabolo
    villabolo

Thank you Alfred E Newman I mean Farkel for that one. Their pathological self worship has inspired a lot of zany teachings.

• outofservice
    outofservice

I know they are easy spooked if you say something is demonic. I came home from school one day in the 80's to find my mother had thrown out all my Liz Claiborne purses and clothes because some sister had told her she was a devil worshiper I was MAD . I wanted proof. She eventualy apoligized but too late. Also one time in a car group they started discussing a roomer Barney was demonic and they were throwing there kids Barney toys away. Annoying yes but demonized oh boy.

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel, can you please explain "the Christ" again. Who or what is supposed to be???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit