Jordan

by Gill 35 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I guess this is a serious thread.

• Gill
    Gill

quietlyleaving - For a time after leaving the grips of the WT I wanted to believe that everything was hunky dorey, black and white, totally fantastic and the world a great place.

The realisation that the world did not make sense and there was more involved in it than met the eye had me reaching for the book, articles, information and knowledge only to discover that the shades of grey between the black and white were more dangerous than previously imagined.

Yes. I think it is a serious thread.

But, for you, if you don't want it to be, it doesn't have to be.

NOt everyone can cope with the fact that we live on quicksand and I appreciate that, but some of us feel uncomfortable and want answers to the nonsense that exists in the world and some of the answers invite ridicule.

After 35 years as a foolish dub, I can take ridicule and it is water off a duck's back to me.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm sorry gill, I didn't mean to ridicule. I agree that the world doesn't make sense as whole. But it does sufficiently to live a reasonable life.

I think the rich and powerful are prolly just as confused with the economic downturn as we are.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Gill - Thanks for starting this thread. I am going to read that book and very very soon. Did you eat it up and read it cover to cover in one sitting?ha

One thing that you pointed out, that makes sense in such a scary way, is the possible implications behind the origin of the name "Kingdom Hall". I haven't looked yet, but i can't wait to see if it was Russel who gave JW's the name of their "church", and more importantly, when? According to Wikipedia, it was in fact Rutherford who introduced the name. While it appears that Rutherford served under Russel during his presidency and perhaps they were both involved with the masons? The Freemasons themselves, on their website say that Russel was NOT a Freemason, despite his words spoken. http://www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/anti-masonry03.html

My investigating you thread a little further led me to find out indeed that he was NOT a Freemason at all...but he was of the York Rite "movements" of Freemasonry. While it is the oldest "rites" of Freemasonry, it does consist of only 3 degree's. So while he is a mason, perhaps this is why the Freemasons can deny him as one? According to the above website, "The Rite in its purity doesn't even exist anywhere" I'm not saying anyone is wrong about anything, I'm just pointing out a few things hoping someone can fill in more of an overview.

Either way the Kingdom Hall thing is to much of a coincidence. "White Hall". I couldn't find one. I found out that it is a road in London, where there USED to be a "WhiteHall Palace" up until 1698 that was largely destryed by fire,and there used to be Monarchs that lived there. Either way, White Hall as a building or a street shouldn't matter as the street is where the current UK Government is situated. The song still remains the same.Using that sentence reminds me of Stairway to Heaven and one line in particular. "And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune,then the piper will lead us to reason"....and in turn reminds me of he piper in the fairy tale leading everyone...Perhaps now my imagination is getting carried away.

Cameo- I really love your posts an your analytical thinking. I like the perspective's you present. While your thinking on such matters is far more advanced than mine i think your quite right with your viewpoints. Thank you too. Your comment about "they have been laughing at simple men all these years" really hit home.They have been laughing at me. Just last night possibly while this thread was being commented on I was talking about how much "simple" appeals to me. I can't cut and paste for some reason, but my last comments on the thread " March 15th is Z day!The zeitgeist movement...coming soon" contain the words "simple" more than a few times. Perhaps what you speak of is very true, I would like to know what you think. Anyone else for that matter.

Password- While usually your posts are quite short and very to the point...often to the point where i can't understand where your coming from, primarily cause i'm a newbie and don't know ya, your references with regards the watchtower are very well observed and it scares the shit outta me. Despite this, I thank you for them.

lurk3r

• Gill
    Gill

luk3r - It has often been denied that Russell had any link with freemasonry BUT what has not been explained by deniers is his symbology and language used and his belonging to the Zion Hall of the York Rites organization.

What is suspected by Fritz Springmeier is that Russell was of the Russell Family line as in the 13 bloodlines of the illuminati family lines. Now if that was ever proved it would be balistic and a conspiracy all on its own!

Either way, to the Freemasons, England is God's Kingdom, and the King of England sits on Jehovah's throne.

I have a real problem with 'Jehovah' being the God of the Freemason, and all that means with regard to the JWs and their 'Kingdom Hall'.

Enjoy the book. I have read it all in one go and forced everyone within ear shot to listen to it......and they have been listening since they too were once affected by JW land and want to know why...... Now that is a question all on its own!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ lurk3r, anytime you don't know where I'm coming from, PM me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit