Jordan

by Gill 35 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

He's from old money and privelige.

caught up in his own fiction then?

• Gill
    Gill

Cameo-d - As you say, Keeping us Afraid is their biggest weapon against them.

What really can they do?

Kill us? It's only Fear of Death that keeps us under control but it's easier to not be afraid when you don't have dependents.

For myself, I don't give a flying fart but it's not so easy to be blase when you don't have dependents to think of.

Will they starve? Will they die horrifically?

Quite possibly dying is the easy option........quite a quandry!

I still prefer it to servitude, control, living in perpetual fear.....etc

• IP_SEC
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

He's from old money and privelige.

caught up in his own fiction then?

Nobody knows JWs like ExJWs.

• Gill
    Gill

IP SEC - As I said before, if you are without dependents, especially young dependents with problems such as asthma, bronchitis, and severe illnesses in winter, it is easier to live off the land. But the vulnerable amongst us cannot do that and are easier to pick off.

I know some people are already attempting to escape and live off the grid......I know one or two and they have NO YOUNG CHILDREN or dependents with health problems.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Nobody knows JWs like ExJWs.

lol - yes ip-sec. A grand unifying theory of everything, but I guess its the way we are.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    but I guess its the way we are.

Just a single truism dawling

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

very clever

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Gill, where there is a will, there is a way.

It is very very difficult to leave an established habitat and network of family and friends who you know will not be supportive if you stayed anyway, because they will think you are nuts because they don't see it.

It could be an opportunity to use the "homeschooling" to study cultures. An extended field trip, if you will. Perhaps to learn some of the old ways of civilizations. An opportunity to teach your children survival skills rather than dependency on a system. A unique lesson in problem solving and learning to think rather than memorizing rhetoric.

It is a hard call and a hard decision to make because it is one of giving up comfort and security.

My best advice is to trust your intuition. You will know when the time is right. And I believe when the time comes you will know what to do or whether you need to make a move and how to go about it. I do believe things will fall into place for you when you need to do something.

• Gill
    Gill

Cameo-d - Knowing what 'to do' when the time is right, has been one of my experiences in life.

We've discussed and began learning survival skills as a matter of education rather than just in the manner of this discussion and so it is something we are all aware of that things dont look too pretty 'out there' at the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit