Why do JW's hate EX-JW'S more than WORLDLIES?

by african GB Member 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Easy!!!

You can't count time with ex JWs but you can with worldlies.

This all adds to the 'time spent' which you can use to guarantee your eternal life in Jehooblah's New World.

To be honest, life is tooooooo short to spend with JWs. I'm desperately trying to get out of seeing some JW relatives next week..........the thought of them makes me nauseous.......but that in itself makes me laugh!

Mum! You make me Sick! Literally!!!!

• donny
    donny

I think for many of them, it's because they know that we know and understand the scam the organization is. When I was leaving, 4 of the 6 elders in my congregation met with me privately trying to get to reconsider. 2 of them even suggested that I could remain in the organization, but just do not reveal any of my "discoveries" with anyone outside of them. I kept asking them to correct my thinking and explain how these things could have been taught by an organization that claims to have exclusive communiques with the almighty. They had none.

One of the elders who tried to get me to reconsider was Jared Hardie, one of the elder representatives on the documentary "knocking." He is one of the very few that really seemed to live the life of a JW of the many I knew.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Go back and read Yadda Yadda 2's reply. It's the essence of the real reason. Let me point out part of it:

I only shunned them because I thought that was the correct scriptural position to take (never having researched and examined other interpretations on the matter).

Members don't really hate anyone on their own. They hate what the WTS tells them to hate.
    WTS feels threatened by former members, the hierarchy generally distrusts the underlings to
    do the right thing on their own. Of course, in the area of former believers, they are right.

Former believers would expose the organization, so the leaders demonize them.

End of story.

• Hittman
    Hittman

I was in a mall the other day when I saw one of the ELDERS who conducted my JC,...he made sure I was watching when he completely ignored me and in the processes he happened to meet a WORLDLY man who lives 2 blocks down from my house, he shook this man's hand, smiled at him while he kept his eye at me to make sure I was aware....

Now my question is: Is this realy the way the Bible says DF'd individuals should be treated?

I'd ask a different question: Is this the way any grownup should act? I'd be embarrassed for a twelve year old who did that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Worldly people do not know how the Washtowel Slaveholdery works, so they cannot expose it. Those who were once witlesses have the knowledge to expose the witlesses, and they could easily get others to see through the scam.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Because X-JWs know truth about the lie.

• Yons
    Yons

THis site is full of apostatas!! :(

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

So, Yons, you dug up this thread from 3 years ago just to post that? Maybe you should have done some browsing first before you decided to join. Anyway, welcome to the board, stick around...You might learn something here. I know I sure did.

• ex360shipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit