Why do JW's hate EX-JW'S more than WORLDLIES?

by african GB Member 28 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I was in a mall the other day when I saw one of the ELDERS who conducted my JC,...he made sure I was watching when he completely ignored me and in the processes he happened to meet a WORLDLY man who lives 2 blocks down from my house, he shook this man's hand, smiled at him while he kept his eye at me to make sure I was aware....

Now my question is: Is this realy the way the Bible says DF'd individuals should be treated?

What about when the FLOCK says they (ELDERS) should visit a DF'd person ones a year?( well I don't want them to visit me, but I am just worried they don't follow the rules and regulations set by the GB)

Has anyone here ever had a visit from the ELDERS while DF'd or DA'd?......just want to find out for the record.....

african GB member

• noni1974
    noni1974

The reason is because JW's view worldly people as potential converts. Ex Jw's have rejected god in there eyes so we are less than nothing to them and viewed as already dead in their eyes.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They figure ex-jws have intentionally turned their back on Jehovah and the FDS. To them "worldly" folks still have a chance with Jehovah.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

When I was a JW (I was born into the religion) my feelings about ex-JW's depended on why they were an ex-JW. For example, for someone I used to like who got disfellowshipped for general sins, immorality, etc, I never hated them...in fact I felt kind of sorry for them. I only shunned them because I thought that was the correct scriptural position to take (never having researched and examined other interpretations on the matter). But if I knew the person had dissassociated themselves (much worse than being disfellowshipped) or had been disfellowshipped for apostacy, well, that was another matter. I actually believed they were kind of EVIL! Gone to the dark side...spiritually perverted and perhaps under demonic influence or something. But even then it wasn't a case of hating them. It was more a feeling of disgust and fear (with a smattering of morbid curiosity).

• parakeet
    parakeet

Because when we were dubs, we were like dogs who enjoyed steak for dinner. Once we leave, we're like dogs returning to vomit.

In other words, we had THE TRUTH but chose to throw it away. This makes us worse than those who never had the inestimable honor of being one of God's chosen people.

• anglise
    anglise

Hi AGBM

you partly answered your own question.

Add to it:

XJW's know the Truth about the truth.

Most of us are more than willing to share that knowledge.

Having left their clutches ( a very big and brave step for most) they know we wont be bullied or forced to shut up.

Some could be jealous of our feedom.

HTH

Anglise

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Worldy people at least have some chance for salvation (jw-style), whereas former jws, especially those who have willingly renounced 'the faith' are beyond hope. Count me in as one of those without hope. Gladly.

Never had a 'sheepherders' call since I DAd. And neither do I need or want one.

Cheeses - of the no need for religion class.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I was in a mall the other day when I saw one of the ELDERS who conducted my JC,...he made sure I was watching when he completely ignored me and in the processes he happened to meet a WORLDLY man who lives 2 blocks down from my house, he shook this man's hand, smiled at him while he kept his eye at me to make sure I was aware....

If he tries that stunt again, put on your best friendly smile and march up to him and make him shun you in front of the Worldly.

If he pretends not to shun you, point out to the Worldly that he is supposed to shun you, and explain why in a loud voice, so that others can hear you too.

He won't do it again.

Cheers

Chris

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

A very prominent elder here in Scotland - watch out for him at Perth this year, folks - said that there is no sin greater than renouncing your faith. He said that to go from being a Jehovah's Witness to not being one is a sin worse than adultery.

OK, a couple of things;

1. Jehovah's Witness - manmade religious name concocted by Rutherford, a man who preached as gospel that the 'ancient worthies' would be resurrected and back on the earth by 1925. A self-confessed false prophet
    2. Just because a person no longer wishes to be a Jehovah's Witness does not mean that they have renounced their faith. Sorry, correction; it does mean that they've relinquished their faith if said faith is in a manmade publishing corporation based in Brooklyn NY.
    3. ex-JWs are considered as having "run ahead of the the teachings of the Christ". 2 John 9 is righteously cited as the scripture which backs this assertion up. However, what is the "teaching of the Christ"? Very simply that Christ came in the flesh, died and was resurrected (v7). So if a Jehovah's Witness chooses to reject that Christ returned invisibly in 1914 and chose the WTS in 1919 they are not leaving any teaching of Christ. Christ taught that it doesn't belong to men on earth to have knowledge of his return. Therefore, using 2 John 9 is a complete twisting of scripture to suit the purpose of Jehovah's Witness, said purpose being to excommunicate and shun ex-JWs, to hate ex-JWs
  • sacolton
    sacolton

"Dogs that have returned to its vomit"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit