Does Coming To This Site Make You Feel Better?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    How do you "find this site by accident"?

Google, my good man, Google.

I was searching for info which had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Jehovah's Witnesses, the Watchtower Society, or the United Nations... but this site was BIG enough to show up with a thread pertaining to my research, you see. Like many, I actually thought this was an active JW's site... which... of course, at first, it was...

the rest is history.

• minimus
    minimus

what were you searching?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Min, you're a curious sort, aren't you? Check your PM. I don't know why, but I am shying away from posting it here.

• minimus
    minimus

Baba, I know what you mean now.

• wobble
    wobble

This site saved my life,I was in such despair when I left the Borg. after fifty-eight years in (born in) that I felt I just wanted to die. I even planned how to do it.I have other problems apart from leaving the Religion,but the leaving was the biggest trauma I had ever experienced.

I then started reading on here and realised that I owed it to those I love to pull myself through,and the therapy of being on here and all your kind words and thoughtfull advice have helped me so, so much.

Thank you all.

Lots of love,

Wobble

• minimus
    minimus

WOW Wobble! I guess Simon deserves the praise for keeping you with us!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ah, Wobble! Love to you!

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks guys,and HUGE thanks to Simon,I remember the sinking feeling I had when I read JWD was closing,my lifeline gone!

what a relief when I read it was coming back bigger and better! Long live JWN!

Yes thanks to all again,especially Simon,and I am sure this site will save more lives than the WTB$ ,they havn't saved one yet!

Love

Wobble

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think this site makes me feel better.

It just keeps stiring up my anger and resentment.

And makes me aware that I have been screwed and that makes me screwed today.

And it doenst change or end.

You get one life to live and the Wactower fuxd mine up.

Or maybe it allows me to vent that I have been screwed and keeps me from exploding.

I dont know, I havent exploded yet.

But I dont feel good either.

I've been out of the tower since 83 and the root of all my problems and misery goes

back to my JW brainwashing.

Being aware sucks.

Thats what Adam and Eve said after they ate the fruit.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Most of the time this site makes me feel better, like a huge relief. But sometimes I feel sad when realizing just what a tragedy the WT has become.

I'm very glad to have the opportunity to be here. It has helped me tremendously in healing from the experience. When I first came, I had been out for many years. I still had family in, so I was curious about what was new in dubland. I knew that time was marching on and wondered how the WT was explaining Armageddon's failure to appear. What I found was much more scandal than I had thought even the WT was capable of. You couldn't have predicted that UN thing with a crystal ball! That truly falls into the "truth is stranger than fiction" category. (Or maybe the "shoulda known better than to trust a cult" category.)

I am very thankful for this sight and for Simon who has made it all possible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit