Does Coming To This Site Make You Feel Better?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BravoBravo

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• beksbks
    beksbks
    To be honest here, I thought I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown until I found this site.

Then you met all the weirdos on this site, and realized how well you were actually doing??

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who`s a Weirdo??..Doctor

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Ohio Nana
    Ohio Nana

I found this site by accident and started to read the posts and thought at last I have found people who I can learn from. Being a Ex unbaptisted publisher with daughter and grandchildren who are JW's this site has opened my eyes. But also made me aware of not trying to talk my family away from JW's and losing them completley.

O.N.

• undercover
    undercover

I think of this place as a support group...

A group of people who have come through a similar experience and can relate to the feelings and frustrations of that experience. We share our experiences, our thoughts, our nightmares and give support to others who are now going through what we've already gone through.

It's also the first place to learn "new light" coming from Brooklyn as it gets leaked here before any local dubs hear about it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's better than being ushered into the back room!

• oompa
    oompa

i very rarely come here anymore, but is definately a support group......very few here spew venom at or about WT and almost never does anyone make crap up about them (their own words are enough)

that is very unlike the jw facbook group where as soon as it opened a floodgate of hatemongers nearly took over the place....very tacky.........oompa

• suchafool
    suchafool

Hello everyone!

I am new to this and soooo excited to be here. This site has been the best thing for me. Since leaving the JW's last September, this has been my therapy. Even though I couldn't post until now, everything I would read made me know that leaving was the best thing I ever did. I feel better about myself and my decision. Not having friends like I thought I had, this is where I will be able to speak to those who understand what I am feeling and going thru. Look forward to being a part of this family.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hearty welcome SuchAFool!

To answer the question, Min... when I first found this site, I had been out for TWO DECADES, and I was still making excuses for the organization. I was in denial THAT long. I stumbled upon this site and read about the UN debacle. I literally could not BELIEVE what I was reading... I thought "those apostates" had gone too far! So... first, this site made me panic.

Then, this site made me ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY at the Watchtower, which I had never allowed myself to be, before, excusing all of the horrendus losses they created in my life.

Then, I took a bit of a break. A breather... because this site was making me rather sad. All of the tales of panic and pain can get to be a bit much to take.

Now, I'm not sure what I feel when I come here. I am just hoping that by an encouraging word here or there, I can help those who are going through the pain and anger stages.

Thank you for this site, Simon.

Love,
    Baba.

• minimus
    minimus

How do you "find this site by accident"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit