Does Coming To This Site Make You Feel Better?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I recognized, when I first started searching the web, that there are tons of information regarding Jehovah's Witnesses. Most is negative toward the religion.

Coming onto JWD/JWN gives one a different perspective. You get to interact with those thinking about leaving, those who have already left and even some who never were in the cult but are fascinated by the experiences of those that were in the "Truth".

When you are on this site, how does it affect you???

• jambon1
    jambon1

At one time, visiting the site & discussing matter which I had never openly spoke about was

literally life saving to me.

Sometimes I would get angry about all the horrible things that had happened to people.

I like to look in now to see how everyone is doing & to read newcomers experiences.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It makes me feel good when I get harassed by little red dots and canines and hunch-backed men and dolphins. LOL

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hey Min,

This site helps in ways you cannot even imagine.

I just posted a comment on the suicide thread in response to some posts and PMs I received...indicating that some posters who are just that depressed have benefitted by being here.

This site is literally a lifesaver.

Thanks for the thread.

Alex

• villabolo
    villabolo

It has been nearly 30 years since I've left and I have no family in the religion but there are still a few demons to exorcise and this site is just the place for that.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

To be honest here, I thought I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown until I found this site.

• minimus
    minimus

And here, Quirky, all this time I thought you had it all together. I'm glad I'm making you feel better.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the information that flows
    through this board gives
    me a real sense of confidence
    that i am not going to be
    blindsided by "new light"
    which might lead to new
    policies meant to drive
    more fear into the heart
    of "the spiritually weak"

i feel armored against
    any incursion the b0rg
    might have in the wings.....

yeah, it helps me feel prepared
    for the caca they might try to pull......

• minimus
    minimus

You said "caca".

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I can interact with people who understand "JW lingo" without having to explain myself over and over again,...like "this system of things"

-" new light"

-"the end"

-"judicial committe"

-"spiritually weak"

etc, etc

african GB Member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit