The Coming Evangelical Collapse

by SixofNine 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I may not agree with their theology but I've never been treated hatefully by an Evangelical Christian.

This is because you don't belong to a group they actively discriminate against.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    "You’ll be riding along in an automobile. You’ll be the driver perhaps. You’re a Christian. There’ll be several people in the automobile with you, maybe someone who is not a Christian. When the trumpet sounds you and the other born-again believers in that automobile will be instantly caught away - you will disappear, leaving behind only your clothes and physical things that cannot inherit eternal life. That unsaved person or persons in the automobile will suddenly be startled to find the car suddenly somewhere crashes... Other cars on the highway driven by believers will suddenly be out of control and stark pandemonium will occur on ... every highway in the world where Christians are caught away from the drivers wheel."

Jerry Falwell

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Maximilian Kolbe.

There is good and bad everywhere. Merely being part of something is not enough.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Caedes

Monty, DD

What, no answer?

I guess you don't want me to start looking at the religious leanings of prison in-mates then?

No answer to what question? I never said there has never been a murder committed by a Christian. It's just as Burn said, when these things happen they are always widely repudiated by Evangelicals.

I asked for one example of a "real extreme evangelical" killing a "Dr that works at Planned Parenthood".

I'm still waiting for an answer.

What I would like you to look at, are groups like Hamas and Al-Qaida, and Mohamed the founder of Islam. Then look at the life and teaching of Jesus the founder of Christianity and give me a current Christian equivalent. I don't think Evangelicals fit the bill.

shamus

Fact: Muslims learn to hate from an early age. So do extremist Evangicals.

We all learn to hate at an early age, yourself included. Mohamed and the Koran encourage the hating and killing of the infidel.

I don't see where Jesus told his followers to hate or kill anyone, in fact, he taught just the opposite.

• moshe
    moshe

Our western culture has a shame factor that usually prevents anyone from publicly professing their non-belief in Jesus, unless you are Jewish, of course. You see plenty of people on the Internet admit they don't believe in Jesus, - well, as long as they can hide in obscurity. I think that taboo is beginning to crack, though. You have ex-JW's like Paul Blizard who is now a pastor in the Southern Baptist church, who ridicules anyone who questions Orthodox Christian dogma. His type don't like being challenged to defend Jesus anymore than JW's like defending the teachings of the kooks who founded the WT Society.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Mohamed and the Koran encourage the hating and killing of the infidel.

So does the bible.

And that is my point; we should all be ashamed of ourselves for pointing our fingers at Islam when 'our god' is no better. Surely you can see it.

• inkling
    inkling

BTS:

....was so called "Evangelical Christianity." It was too narrow and restrictive a faith for me. It also felt very cultish and intolerant.
    --------------
    Everybody talks about these hateful Evangelicals. I may not agree with their theology but I've never been treated hatefully by an Evangelical Christian.

BTS seems to be arguing with himself...

What you call "narrow, restrictive, cultish and intolerant", they would simply say is following
    God's command to "Hate what is bad".

All the weaselworded "hate the sin not the sinner" bullshit does nothing to change the brute
    fact that many evangelicals act hatefully towards many groups of people.

[inkling]

• inkling
    inkling
    I asked for one example of a "real extreme evangelical" killing a "Dr that works at Planned Parenthood".

Does Orthodox Presbyterian count?

"Evangelical" is a somewhat vague tag... Abortion clinic related violence tends to be committed by people
    with conservative/fundamentalist Christian beliefs. Can we at least agree that is true?

[inkling]

• ninja
    ninja

be careful what you wish for......albert pike (freemasonry's pope) wrote the following (quoted in mr carr's book).......

"We shall unleash the Nihilists and Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will be from that moment without compass (direction), anxious for an ideal, but with out knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view, a manifestation which will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time" (William Guy Carr, Pawns in the Game, p. xv-xvi)

atheism is a tool according to mr pike....it's end?.... destroy christianity and then discarded.... ushering in the worship of lucifer......

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

To what end Dog? What is your point. You're making some rather specific, narrowed demands and to make what point exactly?

Six started this thread about the possible collapse of the evangelical movement. To what point about the purpose of this thread does your point relate?

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit